Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,612   Online: 690

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Help identifying filter

I have a Rolleiflex bayonet filter and for the life of me, I can't figure out the size. It is bigger than Bay I, I am guessing it is Bay II, but I don't know for sure. There are no size markings on it at all. The outside diameter is just about 42mm, from what I can measure using my crude methods (metal tape measure and metric converter).

Can someone tell me if this is a Bay II or III?

I plan on selling the darned thing in the classifieds once I know what size it is. It is an 85 warming filter.

Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I cant help with which it is, but bayonet 1 is the same as bayonet 30. I do know the last models of Rolleis used the Bay 3 filters, when they switched from Bay 1 to Bay 2 then to Bay 3 may be published somewhere.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah, I was able to find all sorts of info pertaining to which camera uses which filter, but not specifications regarding which filters are which physical size or how to identify them without a label on the filter itself. Since I only have an automat which uses Bay I that is all I can test by myself. I did find someone on Photo.net stating that the Bay II should measure about 40mm in diameter, and this is certainly larger than that, but not all that much.

Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Maybe you should just list it with the description of size, and the caveat that it is a Bay II or Bay III (unsure) and let the buyer figure it out.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

My Bay III yellow filter measures about 46mm outside diameter across the face.

Peter Gomena

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes, it's bayonet II. Mine are 41,6 mm.
    J. Patric Dahlén

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great, thanks so much for the info.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin