Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,632   Posts: 1,623,130   Online: 820

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

Cameras with shutter self timers

I need a camera to take with me hiking-- I need one with a shutter self timer.

I do have an Agfa Isolette with a self timer, but I really don't want to take it in case it got dirty --

I am looking to buy another Isolette or some other folder or any other 6x6 or 6x9 camera that had a self timer on it--- any suggestions on what to look for--something cheap so that if I destroy it I won't cry too much.
    * Just because your eyes are closed, doesn't mean the lights in the darkroom are off. *
    * When the film you put in the camera is worth more than the camera you put the film in... *
    * When I started using 8x10, it amazed me how many shots were close to the car. *

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    you need one of these... they work GREAT!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/marc72/2350514951/
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by holmburgers View Post
    you need one of these... they work GREAT!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/marc72/2350514951/
    I have the Autoknips IV that looks and works the same. The Kopil is the same one with another name. A wonderful accessory.

I use mine together with a cable release extension to minimize vibrations from the clockwork:

http://www.xn--drahtauslser-djb.com/.../AD/VL-330.gif

Or just use your Isolette? If you want another GOOD folder it would be atleast as expensive as the Isolette, or may need CLA. The selftimer is often frozen in old Prontor shutters.
    J. Patric Dahlén

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Those mechanical timers sometimes show up on ebay for pretty cheap. I've got an old Kodak one that works okay. You could get a could of them and then not worry if they don't survive the trip.
    "People get bumped off." -- Weegee

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Well, if you're looking for cheap and tough try the Moskva-5 for 6x9 or the Iskra for 6x6. It's tough to find a Moskva without a broken timer though, but an Iskra can be had, has a heliar style lens that is ridiculous sharp (trust me on this) and the timers almost always work. I got my GF an Iskra for $65 on the auction site and it's been a better camera than her Mamiya TLR.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin