Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,682   Posts: 1,482,212   Online: 1047

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shutter problem with Rolleiflex

I have an old Rolleiflex Automat 3.5 which was working fine up until a few days ago. The shutter is acting strange... when I advance the film lever, it opens the shutter, sometimes firing it, sometimes leaving it half open. When I fire the shutter release after that it clicks, but no shutter action. When the shutter is jammed open, setting the shutter speed to 1/500 or extending the bellows all the way will close it.

Any help?
    ~ Michelle

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Synchro Compur? Something is not catching right inside the shutter. You will have to open it up.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Something is sticking in the shutter or not catching properly, had a similer problem with a 1938 Voightlander Bessa 66, A shutter service cured the problem, cost me around £50 this side of the pond, the automats are nice cameras, I have one myself and a shutter service cost around £60, and it is now perfect, get the shutter serviced and it should last you a lifetime,Richard

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin