Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,523   Posts: 1,572,259   Online: 767

Shooter
    Medium Format

close up lens for Seagull?

I have a Chinese seagull camera (from the 60s/70s) and would love advice on finding a close up lens or filter - I can't really take good portraits. Drop me a line - thanks much - Miguel

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you can find the little screw on closeup lens sets that will fit the threads on your camera, then buy two sets and put matched diopters on both the taking and viewing lenses and you should be in business. It should be the lowest diopter for doing portraits as these actually shorten the focal length of whatever lens you put them on and you want to retain as long a focal length as practical for aesthetic reasons.

If your camera has the bayonet type filter mounts you may need to get the bayonet to threaded adaptors and buy the closeups to fit that.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

close up lens for Seagull?

If your Seagull uses Bay 1 filters, then you are in luck, because then you can use any filters and auxiliary lenses that were made for Rollei and Yashica TLRs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I believe the older Seagulls (models 4A/B) use 34mm threaded mounts. I am not sure how small you can get the close up lenses. Even using a step up to a standard size may give you trouble since the lenses are so close together. You will need one for the viewing and taking lenses.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Just to play devil's advocate....
    Do you drive in screws with a hammer? Use the right tools for the job. Rent an SLR camera with the appropriate lens focal length if you can not afford to buy.
    Eric
    www.esearing.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    thanks all - I do have a nice Canon 35mm but I like to work with the MF - I've seen some amazing close up results with some of the Yashicas.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin