Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,654   Posts: 1,481,366   Online: 1090

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If yours does't have f/stops or focus it doesn't matter, its still a great camera to shoot. On the right side at the bottom front of the silver shutter release/film advance unit should be a small tab sticking out, thats the shutter cocking button. The shutter should self cock upon winding the film to the next exposure. You dont have to set to B or L to use it, just take the shot then push the button and push the shutter release again. You should be able to do this as many times as you want.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't have to wind the film to take another photograph. I can shoot as many as I want on the one frame...at least, until I severely overexpose that frame.
    I love the smell of fixer in the morning...It smells like...PHOTOGRAPHY!

The photo blog has moved...
    I Love Film : by Susan McNutt, the mad photographer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have had some success trimming the edges of a 120 spool rather than respooling the film. It totally depends on the camera. With my Brownie Bulls Eye, I need to use a real 620 spool for takeup, but for the film I can just trim the 120. What I do is use a nail clipper and go around on each end basically taking off the last 1/8" or so until the plastic is about even with the film. It saves tons of time vs respooling and is worth a try.

Paul

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sorensen View Post
    I have had some success trimming the edges of a 120 spool rather than respooling the film. It totally depends on the camera. With my Brownie Bulls Eye, I need to use a real 620 spool for takeup, but for the film I can just trim the 120. What I do is use a nail clipper and go around on each end basically taking off the last 1/8" or so until the plastic is about even with the film. It saves tons of time vs respooling and is worth a try.

Paul
    That sounds like a great idea. I've been searching the 'net for all different ways to either re-spool the film or just trim the edges of the spool, ect... I figure that I'll have a lot of spools after all of this. ;D
    I love the smell of fixer in the morning...It smells like...PHOTOGRAPHY!

The photo blog has moved...
    I Love Film : by Susan McNutt, the mad photographer

Shooter
    127 Format
    Better to sell that 127 roll and buy two 120's with the money!!

Make sure any lab you take your film to returns the 620 spools. It would be a shame if they threw them out and you had to find replacements.
    - Bill Lynch

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin