Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,735   Posts: 1,515,469   Online: 1088

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Valentine's Day came EARLY!

My husband surprised me with a Kodak Duaflex II -- and it still has some color film in it! I'll send that out to be developed as I don't quite trust my skills cross-processing color to b/w. Plus, he brought me some really old photographs from the late 1800s and the early 1920s! *does happy dance*

Hmmm...Since the Duaflex has no actual focusing lens and is fixed focus, I should probably post this over in toy cameras?

Anyway, *does happy dance*. I already have some plans for the photos I want to take with this, my Brownie box and pinhole! *squeeeeeeeeeeeee*
    I love the smell of fixer in the morning...It smells like...PHOTOGRAPHY!

The photo blog has moved...
    I Love Film : by Susan McNutt, the mad photographer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Way too cool!!
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kewl!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That is great!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm loving it and trying to keep the camera out of the hands of my son! He's got the camera bug, too...and I've given him a Konica of his own (fixed focus - found it for $3). Then one of his friends unspooled the 35 mm film so he could "look at the pichers". *cringe*

Anyway, I wonder...can this old film even be developed and rescued or would it just be better to keep the spools and re-spool the 120 film? (I even have a roll of 127 hanging around, too...Efke 100.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    127 is smaller than 120, so if you intend to use 120, you will need to cut it and the backing paper to size.

There is still some 127 around.

If you can find someone who processes using a dip and dunk processor, they may very well be able to process the colour film for you (assuming it is C41 process).

EDIT: Ignore the above - the Duaflex uses 620 film of course, not 127. So re-spooling is certainly useful. And of course any lab that processes 120 can do 620 instead, because the film itself is essentially the same (the spools differ).
    Last edited by MattKing; 02-11-2011 at 10:18 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Happy-Happy, Joy-Joy!!
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dont think for one minute that the Duaflex II is a toy. I have one and respool 100 speed 120 onto the 620 spools. Check the front of yours again, mine has adjustable focus and three f/stops, 8, 11, and 16 with a description of when to use them. Mine also has a self cocking shutter and a manual recock for multiple exposures, and an "I" setting for instant and "L" for long or timed exposures. These are sweet little jewels and are quite capable of quality images. A word of caution, make a flap out of black tape to cover the red window in the back. There is the possibility of "sun printing" the numbers on the film in bright sunlight. BTW, great gift from the hubby.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post

If you can find someone who processes using a dip and dunk processor, they may very well be able to process the colour film for you (assuming it is C41 process).

EDIT: Ignore the above - the Duaflex uses 620 film of course, not 127. So re-spooling is certainly useful. And of course any lab that processes 120 can do 620 instead, because the film itself is essentially the same (the spools differ).
    I'll respool it with the 127 that I have for right now. I should have the larger can that I ordered this coming Tuesday - and the 120 film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ralnphot View Post
    Dont think for one minute that the Duaflex II is a toy. I have one and respool 100 speed 120 onto the 620 spools. Check the front of yours again, mine has adjustable focus and three f/stops, 8, 11, and 16 with a description of when to use them. Mine also has a self cocking shutter and a manual recock for multiple exposures, and an "I" setting for instant and "L" for long or timed exposures. These are sweet little jewels and are quite capable of quality images. A word of caution, make a flap out of black tape to cover the red window in the back. There is the possibility of "sun printing" the numbers on the film in bright sunlight. BTW, great gift from the hubby.
    Mine doesn't have the different f/stops at all. It does have the 'I' and 'B' settings. Or...if it does have the f/stop settings, the manual I have certainly doesn't mention them and I can't find them on the camera. My Brownie box 2A certainly has them, though.

When I look at the front of the camera, it does have a yellow cloud filter over the lens...but when I pop that off, there's nothing on the front to show a lens. *edit* There's nothing on the front to show f/stops on the lens.

When facing the lens side, on the right, there's a metal gizmo that has 'R' on it. It doesn't move.

Either on 'I' or 'B', I can do multiple shots on one frame.

*shrugs* It doesn't matter if there are different f/stops or not. This will certainly be a camera I plan on using! Hubby, though, thinks I might make people nervous with this 'thing' hanging around my neck.

Oh and lxdude : Now I'm singing Ren and Stimpy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin