Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,561   Posts: 1,545,287   Online: 752

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    I have a Voightlander Bessa 66, form 1938, and it is smaller than most 35mm cameras, even 35mm folders, yet takes 6x6 negatives,Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    if you can find a graflex or other brand roll film back
    you can make a hyperfocal superwide angle camera
    that is barely bigger than your roll back ..
    ( like a p/s camera but better ) ...
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Another vote for Nettars. Some models of the Ikonta (not 'Super') are as light (er, stripped down) as the Nettar but come with Tessar lenses -- however, the standard 3-element Novar lens on the Nettar is surprisingly good.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I dunno, my Isolette folds up and slips in my back pocket, and opens at the touch of a button. It doesn't take but a couple of seconds to set aperture and shutter speed aim and shoot. If you have a good working feel for exposure you can even do away with a light meter.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The prewar 120 folders are indeed most pocketable, they open "click" and close "clack", but then you have to manually transport the film, set the aperture, speed and distance, and cock the shutter before shooting. Does it take "hours" ? For me, I like them, and have always one in the inside pocket of my ski-suit (preferably, either a 6x9 Super Ikonta or a 645 Rodenstock "citonette").

Paul

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I was on a similar quest until recently, with the added demand that the lens has to be faster than f3.5. I finally got, and am very pleased with, a Solida III with an uncoupled rangefinder, and an 80/2.9 Schneider lens: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rawhead/5278831077/

It literally fits in my jacket's inner pocket, and pretty much goes with me everywhere :-)

North America just north of that sharp right turn North America makes on the Atlantic coast.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    IMO folders are not that bad to open and close, at least no more complicated than a ready case is to open and close. My other 120 camera is a Pentax 6X7 and I will tell you that given the choice I would rather unfold a pocket camera than lug the 6X7 around, the pocket-ability and light weight far outweigh the picture quality sacrifice.
    "Would you like it if someone that painted in oils told you that you were not making portraits because you were using a camera?"
    "Shouldn't it be more about the joy of producing and viewing the photo than what you paid for the camera?"

Me

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Get bigger pockets...then a Hasselblad.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bannow View Post
    One of the many folders, which are small enough to fit into your pocket. Such as these:

http://www.certo6.com/
    My 1935 Certo Dolly SuperSport with a Zeiss lens is an example of a small folder. It has a coupled range finder and can shoot 6x6 or 645.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Certo 1.jpg   Certo 2.jpg   Certo 3.jpg  
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by maarten m View Post
    wow! so many answers in just a few minutes ...
    i should clearify my quest: i have TLR, and VH ...
    folders are okay, but when unfolded, not so much any more.

i'm more looking for something that easily fits in my coat and doesn't need hours to prepare before taking a shot
    just take it out of the pocket, take a shot and gets back in.

thanks,
    mm
    Sounds like you could use one of the Fuji GA645 cameras. They are autofocus, rigid (non folding) and compact. Expect to pay between $400 to $525 for a GA645 wide angle with 60mm lens, auto focus & exposure. Excellent optics and quick. You might even consider the GA645zi, I believe that's the one with a zoom, auto focus & exposure in the same price range. I have the Fuji folder and a Nettar myself which meet my needs for size & portability. Good luck on your quest for the perfect camera!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin