Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,644   Posts: 1,668,490   Online: 785

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I love my Super Ikonta IV- it's my universal travel camera. Nice lens and very compact.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a Perkeo II with Color Skopar which I find quite respectable. Especially at the corners, it's not as sharp as the 80 mm Zenzanon PS on my Bronica, but the Bronica piece has at least two additional elements in the design, as I recall. I also believe my particular Perkeo is somewhat sharper than the 105 mm Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar on my Ercona II, although both seem quite adequate for travel photos and the like. Closed, the Perkeo is quite compact, although after the plastic goodies of today, it's weight is a bit of a surprise, almost 1 1/4 pounds -- real metal and glass!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    I have found that while a 120 film camera may fit in a pocket, the weight of the camera can pull the clothes in an uncomfortable way.
    If you put another one in the opposite pocket it balances out!

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've got a 6 x 4.5 Super Ikonta that's smaller than my Agfa Karat 35mm folder. That would be my choice. You still need a meter unless youi're one of those exposure Yoda's.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    You mentioned Dianas, well I think the 120 version of the Ensign Ful-Vue is just as compact but in a different form factor. Unfortunately it is just as simple. It seems your choices are: Compact, rigid, light and crap; Compact, folding, lightish and good; Not as compact, rigid, heavy and good. By the time you put enough elements in a lens for it to do a decent job it is no longer compact (or cheap).

Your best bet (if you don't mind the smaller neg) is the Fuji GA645 series, but they aren't cheap. The only time cheap and quality cross paths is with the Soviet clones of the Zeiss folders and even then it is a lottery whether you get a good one or a bad one. I have a Moskva 5 which had been rebuilt by a camera technician before I bought it and it is quite good. The 6x9 neg size means you aren't enlarging as much so ultimate lens quality is not necessary. Generally speaking the good 120 rangefinder cameras are still in demand so cheap won't be an option.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I bought an Agfa Isolette for my birthday last November and couldn't be happier with it. Fits in my coat pocket or hip pocket easily and folds out ready to shoot in seconds. I always preset it for the ambient light so its ready to go when opened. Great little camera and a good companion to my much boxier Yashica D.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    As far as new current production 120 6x7 folders are concerned, there is the Voigtlander Bessa III:

http://www.cameraquest.com/voigtl_bessa_iii.htm

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The Voigtlander Perkeo and the Zeiss Ikon 6x4.5 Ikonta and Super Ikonta are compact cameras with the Perkeo being a well built lightweight camera.

The regular 6x6 Ikonta and some of the Nettars fold reasonably flat. Same goes for the Isolette models up to the Isolette III.

Kodak's U.K. unit made a nice little 6x6 120 folder, the Kodak 66.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin