Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,264   Posts: 1,680,789   Online: 764

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

adding to the hasselblad system....

I was fortunate to inherit my step-grandpa's hasselblad system years ago (he passed in 1988) and it was probably almost new then...it's the 500cm with various extension things, waist level finder, prism, a12 backs and three lenses (the 80 2.8, 50 4. and the 150 4 - all carl zeiss cf t* with uv filters,etc.) I LOVE this camera, it is truly my favorite of all mine and I have MANY cameras...so, I'm wanting to add to my system by means of something I can shoot with studio strobes - I'm coming back to film from digital for clients and am looking at the 553 ELX. I have the Hasselblad Manual book by Wildi that grandpa had too which is wonderful...I've been reading online and think this is a good choice for a body to add. Any comments are welcome. I am deciding this with the idea I will give up several other cameras and focus more on the one system (something new for me because even digital I was a nikon and canon shooter).... I'm a camera freak. I admit it. I shoot alien bees for strobes and have a 4x6 softbox and also other softboxes and lights but I tend to lean toward a feathered large main light to mimic a large window and look natural. I use natural light with the 500cm. Thoughts? Accusations of insanity? All welcome!
    j e s s i c a | d i t t m e r

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm on KEH already scoping out the goods LOL! I'll look up the 903 SWC, that's a new one to me...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ack I looked that up...what'cha tryin' to do to me? LOL!!!!!!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You can shoot studio strobes with you cm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I thought so but I'm not sure the attachments I need...I'd welcome that info. I've been trying to find out what I need and it seems I had bought something with that in mind a few years back but darned if I can find it....

so, reading up yet again....a wireless trigger would be ideal so it's like when I shoot digital and looks like the lens has the sync connector..I have the lenses with the CXM on them T*. I'm wondering which to get for wireless. I shoot alien bees.
    Last edited by JessicaDittmer; 02-17-2011 at 03:45 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I haven't fired my AlienBees with my 501CM, but I have had success with my Mamiya RZ67-II. I use the CyberSync Receiver / Transmitter, and a plug that has an end that fits the flash sync on the lens (I think it's just a standard pc-sync, and is the same on both Mamiya & Hassy V-series lenses), and another end that plugs directly into the little plug hole on the CyberSync Transmitter. You can attach the Transmitter anywhere (i.e. any cold shoe) since it is battery powered internally. Then just load up some film, dial in the aperture, and shoot away!

In addition to the above, I also generally use a Sekonic L-358 light meter to set the lights - the same cable as above will work with that to fire the strobes. Or, if I really want to be sure I get the right exposure before working with the film camera, I'll use a 5DM2 to meter (I know, it's cheating, right!?), but then at least I know for sure I'm in the right range when I start playing with the film.

Post back if you need help finding the cable - I can't recall offhand exactly where I got it from. I don't think it was something that B&H had unfortunately.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll search it thanks so much! I use a sekonic but not the fancier one LOL! yeah, with digital I tend to not use the handheld either....So, I'll search that pup out and post if I'm not having any luck THANK YOU!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    looks like cybersync is the alien bees brand (paul c. buff) for trigger and receiver?

i called them and they directed me to a small cord in their site to use along with their trigger and receiver...going to order! I needed a new wireless system anyway and all I use are the alien bees.
    Last edited by JessicaDittmer; 02-17-2011 at 04:56 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello

I´m a regular hasselblad user with a 500 and a 501 and a 50, 60, 80, 100 and 150,
    i´m flirting a 903 sw but she is a tough girl but whata lens, i´ve got clones of it and they also work wonderfully...

missing also a 250mm but not by that much
    vive la resistance!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have the same set-up I have the motorized 550... it's a finicky devil. I seem to use the good old 500 more.
    Now for lenses like I 50,80, and 150 plus the 1.4 Hasselblad converter. It is wonderful on the 150 and see NO issues with the performance although it is a 5.6.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin