Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,911   Posts: 1,584,688   Online: 715

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Roll film can be very frustrating !
    A little fowl language should be expected occasionally.

But, when you start screaming coccothraustes coccothraustes,
    Fringilla montifringilla, Melanitta fusca !

Then it's time to visit your Ornithologist.

I'm Just Saying ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a 127 little camera I hope to shoot some with and have no backing paper to roll my own...so there are those of us out there that will need it (besides yourself) so don't toss it! I was glad the other day when the kids were outside while I was in the makshift darkroom...mommy has a FOUL mouth LOL! So frustrated! LOL!
    j e s s i c a | d i t t m e r

Images
    Funny, Jessica. Yeah, watch out for the little ones. haha But it does get easier with practice. I find if I reroll it backwards (in the dark, of course) and tape the paper back down, leave it in a black plastic bag while I do other stuff for a while, then load on the reels when ready to process - it goes on MUCh easier! Easier than that long 35mm film, in fact.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Easier than that long 35mm film, in fact
    Well in 30,5m/100ft 35mm film you can make it how you want it, 1-40 exposures. But I agree 127 film is short and very easy to load on a reel.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    was going to ask...when the time comes that I do "127" what reel works? I have multi-size patterson reels for my 35 and 120 but I have no idea the size for 127. I also thought perhaps I'd just use 35mm and cover my window on the back and try to learn how many"turns" to get to a new frame but then....I dread the long 35mm rolls I have LOL! I prefer shorter film with 12 frames or less LOL! Suppose I could cut it.....hmmm -( My little "gem" is a beacon II and then also newly aquired baby brownie special - the little bakelite one...so cute!)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    127 roll film is 4cm wide. Paterson and Jobo 2502 reels can handle it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jessica, Freestyle carries a little 127 BW, and The Frugal Photographer http://www.frugalphotographer.com/index.htm carries some negative color. Ain't cheap, though. I think there are others, but these two came to mind.

I have a Komaflex S, a 127 SLR I hope to get fixed one day, along with all my other projects. 127 is a nice size for slides, they'll run in a 35mm pojector.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    thanks! I saw that at freestyle because I buy film there...I may buy some just to have one roll of the real stuff and one to use for reference too....I have a friend that mentioned she has some so hopefully she'll remember and send some LOL! (probably old but I can use it for reference on size and things and use the paper and spools)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaDittmer View Post
    was going to ask...when the time comes that I do "127" what reel works? I have multi-size patterson reels for my 35 and 120 but I have no idea the size for 127. I also thought perhaps I'd just use 35mm and cover my window on the back and try to learn how many"turns" to get to a new frame but then....I dread the long 35mm rolls I have LOL! I prefer shorter film with 12 frames or less LOL! Suppose I could cut it.....hmmm -( My little "gem" is a beacon II and then also newly aquired baby brownie special - the little bakelite one...so cute!)
    Your Super System 4 reels will adjust for 127 size film. I think its the middle position on the reel.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin