Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,531   Posts: 1,543,978   Online: 1086

Shooter
    Medium Format

Mamiya RZ67 waist-level magnifier blurriness

Okay guys so I just bought another RZ67 (I owned one before but sold it) and it's all in great condition. But I just got the WLF and the magnifier seems to be doing something odd. When I flip it up, I look through it and it's as if it's at the wrong distance away from the screen. If I keep looking through it and push it down a little bit it seems to get better... and I've attached it several times and don't think I'm doing anything wrong. Any ideas?

EDIT: I think my problem is that this is a different magnifier, it's a +1. If so, which one should I get? I have no idea what was on it before. I'm assuming standard - I never have to make any adjustments to those types of things.
    Last edited by blankk; 02-18-2011 at 06:38 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think that the standard is -1 rather than +1. I tried to find some sort of confirmation and could not. There is no indication on the magnifier on my RB, so I really don't know, but that would be my guess.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here is the portion of the Mamiya USA site that may answer your question (apparently, the -1.5 diopter is standard):

http://www.mamiya-usa.com/rz67-pro-i...on-lenses.html
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Mine has a -1.5.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks guys. I bought the WLF from KEH, maybe they'd do a swap since they included a nonstandard magnifier, but we'll see.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by blankk View Post
    Thanks guys. I bought the WLF from KEH, maybe they'd do a swap since they included a nonstandard magnifier, but we'll see.
    They will certainly take a return. I suspect that they will do you better than that, however, since it was not a standard diopter. (meaning pay for return shipping, do an exchange of just the diopter, something like that...)

Edit: This is the one, they are the same for RB and RZ. http://www.keh.com/camera/Mamiya-RB-...990227100?r=FE

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin