Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,840   Posts: 1,582,579   Online: 953

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't know enough about MF rangefinders to offer any suggestions there. But I also re-read the OP and don't see any suggestion that it has to be a non-SLR. Several folks have suggested 645 cameras but the OP clearly says 6x6 or 6x7. Of the cameras already suggested I would think the Mamiya RB is the most difficult to handhold. I have one and definitely consider it a tripod camera. The Pentax 6x7 is hand holdable, especially with the broomhandle grip and focus levers but still it is pretty heavy and clunky. I think one very good way to avoid camera shake is to select something with a lens shutter rather than a focal plane shutter. Yes, the RB is a lens shutter system but as I just mentioned, the body is monstrous. My suggestion would be Zenza Bronica. The SQ-A is 6x6. The GS-1 is 6x7. The interesting thing is that the GS-1 is actually lighter and thus easier to hand hold. With the speed grip and AE finder it feels and works like a 35mm SLR, albeit an overgrown one... If you hunt around a bit you may be able to get one with the grip, AE finder and normal lens for $400.
    Pentax 67ii, Fuji GF670, Mamiya 6, Pentax 645N
    Chemical Cameras
    My Galleries

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you all for all the info.

Yes, to clarify, it can be an slr. I have no issues with camera shake using my ElanII 35mm slr, less camera shake using that than with my dslr xsi. I have just read up on the larger MF cameras, and it seems that camera shake is an issue with some of them...no experience in re to that, just worried. So, yes, I will happily shoot an slr so long as the camera shake is as controll-able as it is with my 35mm slr...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    This (the Mamiya 645) is like the kit I have (with the grip and an additional lens, the 80mm macro) and I love it!!
    Nikon 35mm, Mamiya 645 & RB67, Leica IIIb, other bits and pieces

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin