Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,953   Posts: 1,558,021   Online: 1104

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Diopter Correction lens for Super Ikonta 532/16

I don't think this has been asked as yet, at least I couldn't find it.

Has anyone tried to find/make/modify a corrective eyepiece for the Super Ikonta 532/16? The eyepiece is terribly squinty so one must remove eyeglasses to see the whole frame. Then I can't focus very well. I've used contact lenses with good success but I don't like wearing them.
    Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Paul

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, they did make a viewfinder that attached via the cold shoe. Good luck finding one, though. My Super Ikonta B (532/16) has a passable finder--not great, just passable.
    Geo.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are lots of accessory finders for a 2:3 ratio, but few for a 1:1 ratio. You might try taking a 2:3 35mm/6x9 finder and taping off the edges.

If you know the diopter correction and size you need you may be able to purchase the right lens from Surplus Shed or another reasonable optics dealer.

Your optician should also be able to order the right lens for you, but it will be a custom and may be a bit dear.

Another, though ugly, alternative would be to take a diopter for another camera, say a Nikon, and glue it to the eyepiece of the Ikonta.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is the outer edge of the eyepiece threaded? If so, consider having an adapter made to use Leica M screw-in diopters. I just sent my Contax IIa to SK Grimes to have this done.

Otherwise, you could have an adapter made that could be epoxied on that would take Leica M screw-in diopters.

The Leica diopters are in current production and cost $100 from B&H.
    Tony
    Newnan, GA

Cambo 23SF, Hasselblad, Mamiya M645, Rolleiflex 2.8C
    Rollei 4x4 Grey
    Leica M4-P M3 IIIf RD Contax IIa Nikon SP
    Olympus OM-1 OM-2

http://www.oresteen.com/ROLLEI4X4.htm

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin