Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,971   Posts: 1,523,552   Online: 776

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    A good Agifold or Agilux, perhaps? They crop up on ePay often and sell for next to nothing.
    http://www.earlyphotography.co.uk/site/entry_C561.html
    Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Never used one, but Ricoh TLRs show up on evilBay frequently, and aren't expensive. I have a few other Ricoh cameras and their glass is great-- I'd take a chance on one if I didn't hate the square fornat.

--nosmok

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I used a Lubitel-2 back in the late 1970's, about the same as the 166. It had a very nicely chromed mounting ring holding a poor uncoated lens. The camera itself was made of some very retro thick black plastic. They aren't worth the prices on the auction site (mine was $40 new in 1978!) You can get a decent Yashica EM/FM or Ricoh for just a little more, maybe get lucky with a bid on a Rolleicord.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by janykiel View Post

If You want something really chip - try Seagull or Flexaret (Czech medium format camera 6x6). It`s quite nice, with nice lens. But still it`s worst then Yashica, Mamiya and of course Rolleicord and Rolleiflex.
    I can't say anything of the Seagull but the Flexarets are certainly as nice as the Yashica, Mamiya and even the Rolleicord of the same time frame. The only catch is that you have to buy one that is serviced from a reliable dealer (Cupog on Ebay is such dealer that sells Flexarets that have had a CLA). Many Flexarets stood in a cupboard for decades resulting in stiff handling and locked up shutters. But once these beasts are brought to life by a professional CLA they can produce stunning photographs. I'm using Flexarets for years now and I'm very happy with them.
    Sure, I could give you a boring explanation who I really am but I rather let the Origami do the talking.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I own a kiev 60 for many years an I am very happy with it. May be, that ebay concentrates problematic cameras. So it is a good idea to buy a kiev which was really in use.
    I had a lubitel 15 years ago. This camera is not worth to put a film in.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    35mm
    wow, thanks everyone for the great feedback! i'll def be on the lookout for a mamiya c220... i'm an avid admirer of mamiya's in general. yashica's are definitely up there also.
    Last edited by jodang67; 03-12-2011 at 03:34 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I used a Lubitel 166U for a while, long enough to decide that MF was right for me.
    I sold it for two pints of beer in a bar, a good exchange.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole View Post
    I used a Lubitel 166U for a while, long enough to decide that MF was right for me.
    I sold it for two pints of beer in a bar, a good exchange.
    Yeah, but for two pints of beer in Norway, you could buy a Hassie

Shooter
    35mm
    I've got one, paid £30 for it new in the mid 1990s. To be honest that was a fair price considering the fun I had with it, and if you can get one cheap then by all means. Don't expect wonders but you'll probably be able to get some halfway decent results.

Just remember that the winder/shutter are not linked at all. You can quite easily wind through an entire roll of film without taking a shot, and equally easily take multiple exposures if you forget to wind on before re-cocking the shutter. You have to look at the numbers on the film backing paper as it scrolls past the little window in the back of the camera to make sure you've wound to the next frame.
    Matt

Rom
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Heya,

Did you think about the Semflex. It's a french camera, medium format which gives for me high quality. I have one from my father but you can find it easily for 50€. You can see one picture that i have scan on my gallery here Sharpness is quite good, i think better than lubitel.

Here is the example, please note that my dev was not very good at the moment, i am just an amateur

No light meter included, so if you don't have one handled you will have to think about.

Otherwises, the kiev 60 is quite good, the only thing is that is very difficult to find one in good condition with all the speed working well.

++

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin