Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,561   Posts: 1,545,274   Online: 808

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

are lubitel-2's good?

hi everyone! i'm looking to buy a lubitel-2 from ebay but i'm not familiar with the brand or the camera. i'm desperately looking for a good but inexpensive medium format camera, though, and from the looks of it, it looks like a good choice.

what do you think?

Shooter
    35mm
    whoops sorry - i meant lubitl 166u...

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Probably better than a holga but worse than just about anything else: I would prefer a Yashica mat 124G or a Mamiya C220 or C330
    David

Shooter
    35mm
    thanks! that's really helpfuled...

how about kiev-60? the yashica and mamiyas are a little out of my price range

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've used Lubitels, and they are capable of good results, but are very limiting. If you want cheap try a Chinese Seagull 4A - if they are assembled correctly then they are as sharp as a Yashica or Minolta TLR..

Kiev 60's can have unreliable film transport - I've owned 3 and each one was wonky in one way or another.......

Have you considered a old Zeiss Nettar folder? The ones with f3.5 lenses and 1-200 shutters produce stunning results..

Personally I would look for an old Mamiya C220 - I've seen them sell for under $150, and they produce stunning results - in my opinion as good as a Hasselblad 500 series (of which I've had a couple..)
    A camera is only a black box with a hole in it....

my blog...some film, some digital http://andrewk1965.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jodang67 View Post
    hi everyone! i'm looking to buy a lubitel-2 from ebay but i'm not familiar with the brand or the camera. i'm desperately looking for a good but inexpensive medium format camera, though, and from the looks of it, it looks like a good choice.

what do you think?

Funky is good. I've owned several. They are limited--4.5 lens, top shutter speed of 1/200, but topped down a couple stops the triplet lens cuts an acceptable image. To me, they are a clever copy of the Argoflex. That's an Argoflex in my avatar. Good advice on a Mamiya 220, if you can get one in working order cheaply enough.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have a Ljubitel 2, the main problem is focusing. The viewing screen is not a fresnel one, so it's dark in the corners. Get a Roleicord, they are cheap and quite good.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jodang67 View Post

what do you think?
    Hi, it`s my first post here
    I`m writing from Poland, and I have seen few Lubitels. I was using for longer time two of them and for sure - it is wrong choice. It`s really chip Russian copy of Viogtlander Brilliant. It`s easy to use, but like someone said here it`s very limiting. The problem is really poor quality of lens.

If You want something really chip - try Seagull or Flexaret (Czech medium format camera 6x6). It`s quite nice, with nice lens. But still it`s worst then Yashica, Mamiya and of course Rolleicord and Rolleiflex.
    Last edited by janykiel; 02-24-2011 at 06:11 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ciroflex is also quite cheap but has a descent lens if you can find one. You'd be better off buying a Yashica D or Yashica Mat 124. They are still pretty cheap and not as expensive as the Mamiya C220/C330. The Mamiya's do have interchangeable lenses though. I bought my Yashica D for $60 and it is a good camera with a very sharp lens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I second the folder suggestion. Agfa Isolettes are cheap as well, and quite good.
    Henrik Lauridsen

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin