Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,707   Posts: 1,482,867   Online: 981

ags

Shooter
    35mm

Minolta Autocord Model?

Hi All,

I am thinking about buying a minolta autocord from an online source (with returns). They say the serial number is 11133XX. I checked this site : http://www.wctatel.net/web/crye/a-cord.htm but they all start with 12XXXX. Any ideas on what my seller has?

Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Could the camera possibly be an earlier Minoltaflex or Minoltacord? They were introduced in 1952 & 1953 respectively. Several years earlier than the Autocord so that might explain the lower serial number.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Clayton Rye (owner of the page you refer to) wrote just above his serial # list:

"These are serial numbers taken off of actual Autocords. They do not represent the beginning or end of a run. See where the serial number of your Autocord falls in this list and that will indicate the probable model you have."

Got a photo? Autocords all say "Autocord". Earlier model Minolta TLRs identify themselves accordingly.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by prumpkah View Post
    Clayton Rye (owner of the page you refer to) wrote just above his serial # list:

"These are serial numbers taken off of actual Autocords. They do not represent the beginning or end of a run. See where the serial number of your Autocord falls in this list and that will indicate the probable model you have."

Got a photo? Autocords all say "Autocord". Earlier model Minolta TLRs identify themselves accordingly.
    Good catch. I was tired when I read it and missed that part.

ags

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks guys. I just noticed that the serial number I was given has 7 digits. Probably off of the lens? The serial numbers on the website all have 6.

I bought the camera and it will be delivered tomorrow. Worst case scenario, I don't like it and I will send it back for a refund. Only out a few bucks for shipping. Best case scenario, I love it. I'll keep you posted.

ags

Shooter
    35mm
    Oh, btw, this was from adorama. No picture unfortunately. I have had very good luck with their used stuff recently, and figured Id give it a go.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Most earlier Autocords have two weak points: the first is a jamming focus lever and the second is a glitch in the winding mechanism which causes that the shutter won't get activated. Especially a stiff focus lever is typical for an unserviced Autocord.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin