Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,572,945   Online: 1024

Shooter
    35mm

Does anyone know about this Coronet camera?

Hi,

some month ago I got this camera. I have not found much info in the internet about it.

Can anyone tell me which camera it is exactly and the shutter speed and aperture of the lens (only has 2 speeds, Instant and Bulb..). I have found some similar ones and seem to be about f10, shutter speed could be of about 1/60s...

Thanks a lot in advance!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Coronet.JPG  

edp

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have one exactly like it in my hand now.

But I don't know much about it, save that it takes 120 film, makes 6cm x 9cm images, and was made in England by the Coronet Camera Co., Birmingham. It's typical of the low end of the market 6x9 folding point and shoot cameras of the 1920s and early 1930s.

Crude measurements with a ruler show that the aperture is about f/22 (the hole in front of the lens is about 5mm diameter, and the distance to the film plane about 110mm: 110/5 = 22). These shutters are usually closer to 1/25 than 1/60, although it does depend to some extent how quickly you flip the lever.

I haven't used mine, I bought it by accident.

Shooter
    35mm
    Oh,

thank you so much for the answer!

I used it once and did work. Just wanted to know what I was shooting and not just guessing

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin