Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,995   Posts: 1,524,282   Online: 845

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zenza Bronica

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Great user camera, I have a S2a with a complete range of lenses, Wida angle to tele. Nikkors are better than the Zenzanons (due to flare), but with proper shading, good.

One drawback is the very dim groundglass. I fixed it by replacing it with a KIEV matglass. Brighter and equiped with a splitfocus.

But apart from that: great user camera!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I keep absorving the info. Thanks. Where do I find the Model in the camera?
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well; I bought it. 1 body, 3 Zenzanon lenses: 40mm f/4, 80mm f/2.4, 200mm f/3.5, 3 backs, 1 bellows, multiple filters and a Close Up attachment for the 200mm lens. All in pristine condition. 300 bucks. Its an EC. Has a 6 volt battery. Thanks to all.
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ah; an Aluminum case

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I've never owned an EC or EC-TL, but it's a later camera, between the S2a and the SQ series. It doesn't have the brass gearing issue of the S and S2, but they can have mirror alignment issues.

One of the innovations of the S2a and earlier cameras was a falling mirror design, hinged at the front, so that the lens could protrude into the mirror box, and wide to normal lenses don't require as much retrofocus correction as lenses for an SLR with a conventional mirror that flips up, hinged at the film end. The downside is much greater mechanical complexity, because then you need a sheath to cover the mirror, so it doesn't reflect light back onto the film during the exposure, and a blackout curtain for the viewfinder, since normally the mirror would black out the viewfinder during the exposure. All those extra mechanisms explain why the older Bronicas are so loud.

The EC uses a split mirror design, so it can use the same lenses as the earlier cameras, though the backs and finders are not interchangeable with the earlier cameras. I suppose this must reduce the amount of camera motion during the exposure, but introduces the possibility of alignment issues.

Is the bellows the tilt-shift version? That's a good deal even if it isn't, but if it is, that's a real plus for closeup and tabletop work.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice kit! The close-up lens is very useful because of the poor close focus capability with long lenses.

Trond

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'll put it to work this weekend or next and see if I can show you something.

Shooter
    35mm
    I've had an ECTL and an ECTLII with a similar assortment of lenses and accessories for about 15 years. I've had one of the bodies repaired to fix a flaky shutter (and a CLA), but on the whole the kit has been very reliable. There's a "chimney" finder that's very useful for precision work, and on the whole these are great cameras for macro abd studio work. And the 6x6 transparencies look *great* on the light box (and scan well, too) I just wish I could project them. I do need an aluminum case, though. Enjoy it!

Ulysses

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sorry. One more question. I removed the back and started firing the shutter at different speeds. At some moment, the shutter stop functioning. A little anxious, I performed multiple maneuvers and the shutter started again. Is there something logical that would make this shutter stop in those conditions?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fix it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin