Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,000   Posts: 1,524,337   Online: 748

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hasselblad with a 6x4.5 back.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhead View Post
    My vote on this, too, if you absolutely won't need 6x6 (if so, Hassy + A16, like someone else said). It will give you the fastest medium format lens ever made for a really decent price (you could probably pick up the combo for $250-$300). Add to that the 35/3.5 and you got one of the widest MF setups ever, too
    ...or the 28mm, for that matter.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I had no problems finding batteries for my ETRsi anywhere in BC.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yeah, forgot to mention-the 6v batteries are not hard to find. In the ETR-Si you can use the silver oxide, which is the one Bronica recommends highest. If you can't locate it locally, they're easy to find and inexpensive online; alkaline, which are easy to find and Bronica's second choice; or lithium, Bronica's third choice, which have worked just fine for me. Easy to find though more expensive than alkaline.
    As I stated earlier, they last a long time. I always carry a spare anyway, and they are quick to change (you don't even need a coin).
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here's a different thought... I had a Pentax 67 kit for many years and gradually accumulated a number of lenses for it. I added the 645 body and P67 lens adapter. The 645 came with a 75 and 150 which covered the basics for it but my other optics (45, 55, 75, 105, 135, 165 and 200) from the 67 all added versatility. The 67 can be fitted with a waist-level finder. I would use the 67 when I knew I was doing things that would be enlarged more and the 645 when I needed a brighter finder or handling speed.
    Craig Schroeder

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'd say just pick up another pentax. It's not a bad idea to have a backup body. The pentax 645s are special. If you like it, get another.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Think about a Mamiya 220 or 330.... no batteries and lots of lenses! and pretty cheap besides!
    Logan

Shooter
    35mm
    Yowza! So many options!! Thanks for all the suggestions - it's got the gears turning in my head. TLRs are definitely a consideration. Considered the Mamiya C220 or 330... guess age comes into questions and stuff. But guess that comes with all these cameras.
    Thankfully, my Pentax 645 has been flawless and I loaded it with some high-end rechargeable AA's so I almost never change batteries for months.
    Hmm... actually, seeing as how carrying two 645 cameras would be really heavy, maybe a TLR would be a better option. Pentax 645 for main shots with 1600 and 400 B&W, TLR for 400 color and outdoor shots. Hmm...

I had no problems finding batteries for my ETRsi anywhere in BC.
    That's good to note. I'd love to take the ETRS as a travel camera with maybe a light meter and waist level finder.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dugrant153 View Post
    Hmm... actually, seeing as how carrying two 645 cameras would be really heavy, maybe a TLR would be a better option. Pentax 645 for main shots with 1600 and 400 B&W, TLR for 400 color and outdoor shots. Hmm...
    That's the advantage of the later Mamiya 645s - you can carry one body, and multiple backs - and then switch back and forth between films at will.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for all the suggestions folks. I looked at a whole bunch of stuff, but in the end I picked up that Bronica ETRS I was looking at. What great camera! Manual everything, and powered by this dinky little battery that apparently lasts forever (even more so cuz I don't have a metered prism!).
    It came with a 150mm F3.5 MC lens and a prism finder (no meter) and a speed grip. I'm hoping to acquire a Waist Level View finder and use it with speedgrip for street shooting!
    Need a few more 120 inserts too!

I think the reason for going for this setup was to get a slightly "different" camera than the Pentax 645, where I could use that waist level view finder and meter out of camera. Sets me up in a different mindset, that's for sure! (hopefully not to the detriment of my workflow! We'll see how that works out).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin