Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,545,972   Online: 1160

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    RB lovers that shoot landscapes have strong backs or hernias. I love my old RZ but it's too dang heavy. Especially with a prism.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
    RB lovers that shoot landscapes have strong backs or hernias. I love my old RZ but it's too dang heavy. Especially with a prism.
    My doctor told me to get a bit more exercise to get my cholesterol down a bit.

The insinuation was clear, get more exercise or start spending money on pills.

I'd rather buy film, so I am starting to see the size and weight of an RB and it's support gear as advantage.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They are OK if they are in a backpack or around the shoulder, but they are not the best around the neck. A longer strap worn like a sling helps. It takes the weight off the back of your neck and puts it onto a shoulder, while still allowing you to bring the camera up to eye level.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    They are OK if they are in a backpack or around the shoulder, but they are not the best around the neck. A longer strap worn like a sling helps. It takes the weight off the back of your neck and puts it onto a shoulder, while still allowing you to bring the camera up to eye level.
    This is how I carry mine. I wish the strap lugs weren't squared off and I wish they were placed more like the M645 or hasselblads because it sits a little awkwardly when you wear it over your shoulder.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well, it looks like I'm getting a Hasselblad now, so...

I'll be listing my RB stuff on ebay over the next week or so, don't expect to get too much for it, but you never know. I have a few lenses and accessories so I think I'll be able to recover what I'll be spending on the Hassy, but no-where near what I spent on it to begin with.

What puts me off is the weight, For me, it was *just* manageable as a walk-around / travel camera with a good neck strap, the WLF and one of their smaller/lighter lenses. I took it on a trip to Japan in the middle of summer and after a day I wanted to throw it in a lake. Up until then, it had been great, but after that trip, honey moon = over.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin