Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,913   Posts: 1,584,698   Online: 716

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images

Why the hell are RB67s so cheap?

Has anyone seen prices for NEW RB67 and lenses lately? It's bloody ridiculous how cheap they are.
    I can't believe I paid so much for a 1980s Hasselblad.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Probably the best bang for the buck out there in a professional-quality camera system. I LOVE my RZ. When I got it, the amount of 4x5 I shot was easily cut in half. But I did get it for this purpose, not as a "step up" from 35, as many people do. Shooting 4x5 all the time was getting to be a bit much, especially since most of my prints are 11x14, and almost never over 16x20. This camera is so fast and capable that I always feel just like you when I am using it, thinking, "I just cannot believe such a useful camera was so cheap. Why did I waste so much time and money needlessly shooting sheet film for so long?"
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't know why they are so cheap, but like 2F/2F I ain't complaining. Great system, great prices!

Jeff

Shooter
    Medium Format
    yop i picked one up for 61 dollars that needed new seals... i just re sealed it and it was perfect....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have an RZ system and use a wide angle RB lens and they're every bit as sharp as RZ lenses. I think Mamiya RB systems are cheaper for a couple of reasons. The first reason is that cocking the shutter and advancing the film require two moves. He second reason is that RZ systems have electronic shutters. This is just my conjecture. Both are excellent systems. Both are heavy compared to Hassys though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Are you looking at KEH? They apparently got some sort of close out on some new Mamiya equipment some time ago and are clearing out the remaining stock. Strangely, the new items are now cheaper than their own prices for the used, very odd. I went to the B&H web site, they have a 180mm KL for $569, KEH has the same thing, apparently, for $159. KEH sells the lens used for more than that. Very strange, however I have a feeling that they will be done with the cheap new stuff pretty quickly at this rate. I am considering getting new lenses since mine are kinda old and these prices are astonishing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Guess they are a bit bulky/heavy for some people, that doesn't bother me any.

I wanted to add a prism to my RB kit and found one at KEH reasonable. While there I found a bargain body for $43, now I have enough pieces to make two complete cameras.
    Last edited by markbarendt; 02-28-2011 at 05:25 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Mark Barendt, Beaverton, OR

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Because it's just cheap! So why spend so much money on other brands when Mamiya RB67 is there for you.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Big, heavy, and no f/2.8 lenses.

But versatile, reliable and just damn awesome, beautiful optics, and very convenient once you get over the weight. I've hand held mine the past 2 weekends in the city all day.. no strap or hand grip.. nor did I bring a tripod.

I'm just wishing for that f/2.8.. or that f/1.9

I do shoot a lot more wide open on the 180mm f/4.5C these days.. I haven't found anything to complain about or long for

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Over here I don't think anyone actually buys NEW MF film stuff anymore so the dealers are dumping any stock they might have. I've seen a few places with clearance on new Mamiya, Bronica, Hasselblad V and even some Leica stuff. No point taking up space in the stock room when you know it won't ever sell.
    Have/had Mamiya RB, Rollei 6003, Hasselblad, Nikonos, Canon EOS, Leica R, Fuji Instax...and some other stuff

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin