Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,971   Posts: 1,558,618   Online: 1032

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I like mine a lot, but when it comes to colour neutrality, there seems to be significant variance in them, from copy to copy. I have seen a rather yellowed one. Mine is good.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Why wait?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I picked up an 80mm f/1.9 a few years ago for $60. I've not had a need to use it very offen but it is a good lens. I just use the 80mm f/2.8 most often as it is lighter and at f/8 or f/11 I don't need the max aperture of 1.9.
    Tony
    Newnan, GA

Cambo 23SF, Hasselblad, Mamiya M645, Rolleiflex 2.8C
    Rollei 4x4 Grey
    Leica M4-P M3 IIIf RD Contax IIa Nikon SP
    Olympus OM-1 OM-2

http://www.oresteen.com/ROLLEI4X4.htm

NJS
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I own one, C version, and like it pretty much, 1.9 is quite handy once the sun sets down. It's not nasty sharp but quite sharp even wide open. That lens is what definitely bought me into M645 system and the only reason why I haven't got rid of it yet.
    you can check my shots here.

It exhibits some vignetting and flare (I don't own a hood for it) but that extra stop means a lot to me. Bokeh is not butter smooth but I wouldn't agree it renders much busy backgrounds.

So, yes, I do recommend it - if you need that extra stop.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    NJS, nice shots, I really dig 'em!
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The DoF @ f/1.9 should be fair bit wider than f/4.5 on 180mm at the same subject distance anyway which I do use

40mm (180/4.5) vs 42mm (80/1.9) so technically zone of focus would be same... 80mm would be about the same or slightly less with a crop to match FoV, but taking CoC into account, it has twice the DoF than the 180mm wide open.

Shooter
    35mm
    It's a great lens, and my TL Pro is big enough already - so I don't care much about the extra weight of the 1.9 over the 2.8. The extra stop is great, but even at 2.8 you need to worry about DOF, especially up close. I've mucked a fair number of photos just because I miss with the manual focus or use the rangefinder spot on the wrong *part* of the face.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alflauren/5287550852/

This shot is with the 1.9 lens, I believe at 2.8. Definitely not wide open. I'm happy with the way the pic turned out, but the front most parts of her face and hair are out of focus. So, love it, get it, but be precise in focusing!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin