Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,712   Posts: 1,669,832   Online: 986

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    rc51owner

Concerns about an A12 back I just bought

Hey everyone,

so I am slowly piecing together a Hasselblad kit and I have just purchased a back (sight un-seen). I received it today and have some questions about it. I know nothing about these things so excuse my dumb questions.

1) Where are the light seals that everyone talks about replacing? I have attached a picture of the back face on to to dark-slide and I can see that there is a groove that mates up with the back of the body. But I don't see any foam/felt seals. Or are these infamous seals somewhere else? And is the groove/protrusion enough to seal light?

2) I did notice that the base plate of the back - the part that sits flush with the camera itself is slightly distorted around the lower right attachment point (looking at the back from behind when mounted on the camera. Again I have attached a picture. I have also attached a picture of how it mates to the camera on that side. Will this leak light?

3) Finally what is wrong with the thing on the back that is used to hold the film memo? Is it suppose to flop around like that? How do I fix it.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,

M
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1020612.JPG   P1020619.JPG   P1020622.JPG   P1020617.JPG  

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Do you have a camera? If so test it with the camera.
    Take out the darkslide to see the seals.
    I don't know about the back thing.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The light seals are inside the body, basically right where you first slide the dark slide in. Usually the foam gets gummed up and you get black gunk on your dark slide.

rc51owner
    Hey thanks for the quick response. I should have mentioned I do not have a lens yet :-( so I can't test it. And besides I suspect even when I get the lens the learning curve for loading film and using the camera will give me some issues in the beginning. :-)

Regards,

M

rc51owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolucion Artistico View Post
    The light seals are inside the body, basically right where you first slide the dark slide in. Usually the foam gets gummed up and you get black gunk on your dark slide.
    Okay I am confused; the dark slide slides into the back. And yes I can see that there is some material there that "seals" the slide. Is this what you are talking about?

Regards,

M

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The iso reminder has a steel spring that has been bent out of shape

rc51owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolucion Artistico View Post
    The iso reminder has a steel spring that has been bent out of shape
    I see that there is a steel coloured plate that looks like it is no longer flat. Can it be bent back? How do I remove it to do this?

Regards,

M

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes that is what I'm talking about remove the insert and hold up the shell to a light and see if you can see light through the little slit.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You can try to take it apart and bend it back or just remove it

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin