Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,557   Posts: 1,573,279   Online: 1031

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Izu, many of us on APUG use these cameras, depending on where you are located, one of us would most likely be able to offer you the use of a lens to verify that it is indeed the lens that has the problem. I agree that this is most likely, but it seems that with the popularity of the RB67, it might be worth the effort to mount a different lens on the body and make sure that it works okay.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by izu View Post
    Hi all, kinda new to these forums was well as to analog photography..

I've got a RB67 Pro SD and a Mamiya Sekor C 3.8 90mm lens; my problem is that I can't manage to screw/mount the lens on to the body.. It aligns correctly but when I go to turn the "mounting ring" so to screw on the lens it only turns slightly and pretty much jams on to the camera and is even harder to take off.. I realise that if it is not fully attached it is unable to cock the lens fully.

(The lens in the photo below is not cocked, I did cock the lens to the green dot before attempting to attach) Your help is much appreciated guys!

Below is a photo of how much I can screw it on.. should go to from 12 o'clock to 3 but this is as far as I can move it.

Judging by the reflections from the rear element, the lens is clearly a C. The scalloped mounting ring looks pre- C to me. Has anyone tried to repair the lens previously?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    That jam ring may be turned in too far on the lens. Perhaps it was forced past the stop screw or replaced n not adjusted properly?

Check to find the screw that stops the ring from turning too far? The screw is a set screw in the side of the ring at the bottom. Losen the screw and back the ring off the other way one turn, retighten the screw, all should be fine now.

Last edited by paul ron; 03-09-2011 at 11:12 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin