Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,687   Posts: 1,482,338   Online: 882

Shooter
    Multi Format

Price Question Pentax 645

Clean, user plain jane pentax 645: 220 back, 120 back, lenses 35,45,55,70 and 80-160 zoom, a couple of grips and a few other trinkets. No original boxes or documents.

I'd give it a KEH EX to EX+,,, not BGN imho, positive it's not UG. Has not been used for many years.

So,,, he wants to be rid of it. I really don't want it, but if there was enought profit in it to pick up an older wide angle that'd cover 5x7 I'd likely bite;-)

So,,, making the assumption that after I run a roll of film thru it everything works well. Is it worth 1/2 KEH's price?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I paid $300 for mine with one 220 back and a 75mm, in great shape (granted, a lucky eBay bid). What do you think you'd get from KEH? (Assuming you want to send it on for a modest profit.)

On second thought, if you do pick it up, would you consider splitting up the lenses? I might be interested, myself.
    Pentax: 6x7 MLU
    Olympus: OM-1n
    Graflex: Miniature (2x3) Speed Graphic

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was going off KEH's price to sell one already in stock and tested. about half of that.

And yes, if I get sucked into this swamp, I'll be open for any options.

And of course,,, I've already started pricing trinkets for my old Nikon F I got in the early 70's. I'll never get a wide angle for my 5x7 ;-) Dad had an old beat up '06 for deer hunting. One year he bought a super, almost brand new Browining with every bell and whistle you can imagin. He'd get all ready to go hunting,,, and the day befor leaving, he'd sneak the old gun in the truck. I dont' think the new gun ever did make it into the hills with him. I'm about the same with my F. I've got a nice Linholf 4x5 technika, a really nice mini-speed graphic with everything, and so on and so forth. When I do finally get out the door,,, guess what's in the seat next to me?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Grif, let me know if you'd consider parting with the 35, and for what sort of money.

George

Shooter
    Multi Format

First Roll in Years

Well,,, got things un-boxed and dusted off. Really a clean setup. new batteries, slapped on the zoom and shot a few. Looks and sounds great. There are a coupld of scrapes on the finish in one place,,, I'm betting it had something to do with his helmet mount.

I must say, I've used a Mamiya C33 back when, really liked it. My Nikon F's, the Linholf Technika, another TLR Graphic 22,

The Pentax 645 is a complete PIB. Wish it had a waste level finder. Seems like it would really work nice on a tripod, but why on earth would I use a sub-mini format if I was going to do tripod work??? Focusing is just weird. Like I was peering thru a peep sight, seemed like I wanted to move the camera back and forth so I could see the whole image.

You've noticed,,, we didn't bond well ;-) The grip works good, unless you rotate the camera 90, then I have trouble getting to the shutter release.
    How's that go??? Sour Grapes!!! It's a good thing, at least I'll actually be able to keep from keeping it ;-)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The 645 I bought was a wedding photographer's camera, and although I do generally like it, I can see how it would be especially suited to wedding duty and perhaps not to something like landscapes. Nice glass, though. I thought it was easier to focus than my 6X7 but still not ideal. I just have a soft spot for Pentaxes, so I'm keeping mine.
    Pentax: 6x7 MLU
    Olympus: OM-1n
    Graflex: Miniature (2x3) Speed Graphic

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin