Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,273   Posts: 1,534,562   Online: 1014

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hpulley View Post
    Take the focusing screen out and take a look and see if you have red bars in the body at all, if they try to move when you rotate the back or just sit there.
    Yep that was the first thing I checked and they are there. There is tension on them too.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    How is it?

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    OK I poked a shoelace end in the body and the frame lines came up nicely.

On the revolving back, I found the mechanism which looks as though it has something snapped off the end of it. It basically looks like one of those little allen-head grub screws with a hollow end. If that makes sense at all.
    The spring below it appears to be in the pushed in position but the little noggin is barely coming above the surface of the back of the RB adapter.
    Any ideas? A new revolving back adapter?

EDIT:
    I can also fire the shutter in landscape orientation (which shouldn't happen without the multi-exposure interlock) and not in portrait orientation.
    Last edited by tomalophicon; 03-10-2011 at 04:27 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You can continue using it as is, as long as you don't mind.

It fires n has no effect on the image?... that is basically what we need most in a camera, the rest is gravy.

Shame to waste a rev back, I know a few bodies that can use one in any condition.

Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by paul ron View Post
    You can continue using it as is, as long as you don't mind.

It fires n has no effect on the image?... that is basically what we need most in a camera, the rest is gravy.

Shame to waste a rev back, I know a few bodies that can use one in any condition.

Yeah, I don't really mind but it's a pain because I know I won't remember the orientation of the back.

Nope images are Ok but the revolving back seals are shot. If I get a new one I'm happy to send you this one if you're interested.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you very much, I do appreciate the offer but.....

ALLLLLL the way from therrrrrrrrrrrrre? Postage will cost as much a new one.

Maybe someone in your area can use one?

To remeber the orientation of the back... put a red dot sticker on the top of the back so you know when you are in portrait mode. Also cocking it on it's side should be enough of a reminder.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    That's a good idea Paul. Thanks. Or maybe I can repair it and use it instead of buying a new one.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    OK, looking at this pic:

My little noggin thing is definitely snapped off.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    What noggin thing is snubbd off? Isn't the pin in the middle on the side the one for the red bars? That's the one that fits in the hole you activated the bars with.. correct? The mechanism works by running it up a ramp inside the halves if you look inside as you turn it. Yes? Does tha pin go in n out freely?

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Paul, that pin on the side isn't there! It's basically broken at the base (by the looks of it).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin