Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,227   Posts: 1,532,690   Online: 775

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images

RB67 Pro-S red frame lines

Hello,

Does anyone know anything about the mechanism that operates the red bars being moved up and down when you rotate the back?
    Mine isn't working and I can't work out exactly what triggers them to move.

Thanks,
    Tom.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Take off the revolving back.

It's the smaller hole on the right hand side, half way down the right hand side of the rear of the camera, ie: there are four holes around the camera, 2 on either side, the right pair has one in between them, press down into that with something, that pops up the red lines when in landscape mode.

On the revolving back there are four corresponding notches for those four holes.. so you should see the pin that engages the red line hole between two of them on the left (when facing you, on the right when facing back of cam).

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Athiril View Post
    Take off the revolving back.

It's the smaller hole on the right hand side, half way down the right hand side of the rear of the camera, ie: there are four holes around the camera, 2 on either side, the right pair has one in between them, press down into that with something, that pops up the red lines when in landscape mode.

On the revolving back there are four corresponding notches for those four holes.. so you should see the pin that engages the red line hole between two of them on the left (when facing you, on the right when facing back of cam).
    Thank you very much for that.
    Cheers.
    Tom.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Is your revolving back an RB Pro-S? Only the Pro-S or newer model rev backs will activate the red bars.

Rb Pro-S rev back has 2 chromed silver tits, the others have on only one.
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Paul, I'm not with the camera at the moment (a sad time indeed) but I'm pretty sure it's a Pro-S revolving back. I'll double check.

Any ideas other than that why the bars aren't being activated?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    the chrome bar is missing (Pro revolving back), the chrome bar is broken off. Or the button is missing/broken which seems basically impossible. Or your red bars may be missing

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If it is a Pro-S rev back, check to see if the mechanism that activates the red bars is not hung up or the pin broken or bent. The bars are moved as a ramp sends a pin into the body which actually moves the bars via an internal lever. It can be the body that needs some lube to get the bars moving, not the back.

I don't have a a back in my hands to give you accurate details on how to check it. I'll get back to this a bit later tonight.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Cheers Paul, I'll have a look tonight.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    With teh rev back off... On the right side of the body is a hole. Insert the end of a Q-Tip and tht should more the red bars. Now look at the corresponding place on tehrev back, there should be a pin that mate with teh hole... see if the pin comes out as you turn the back?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Take the focusing screen out and take a look and see if you have red bars in the body at all, if they try to move when you rotate the back or just sit there.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin