Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,074   Online: 981

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Good roll film backs for Century Graphics?

What are the good 6x7 and 6x9 roll film backs that will fit the Century Graphics? I seem to remember the old style Rb backs would work, but I think there was contention about how good they were.
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use the early RB backs. IIRC, no mods are necessary on the earliest RB backs. On 2nd generation backs (ProS?) you have to file off the tabs on the darkslide.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Graflex RH-8 & RH-10 backs are very good if they are the later type with the small chrome pin rollers to keep the film flat. I sold a bunch last year that I was not using for around $50 each. They pop up on ebay but are usually bid up way to high.
    Ian Grant even bought one of mine for a project he was working on.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade D View Post

Ian Grant even bought one of mine for a project he was working on.
    what me

I did indeed, they are very nice holders, I've bought a second since then for my Busch Pressman.

One will feature shortly in an article on adding an adapting to fit a British Quarter plate camera.

These are of course the backs made specifically for Century graphics and there's plenty around.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you have a Graphic roll back without the pins, SK Grimes can add them to your back
    Tony
    Newnan, GA

Cambo 23SF, Hasselblad, Mamiya M645, Rolleiflex 2.8C
    Rollei 4x4 Grey
    Leica M4-P M3 IIIf RD Contax IIa Nikon SP
    Olympus OM-1 OM-2

http://www.oresteen.com/ROLLEI4X4.htm

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin