Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,736   Online: 989

Shooter
    Large Format

RZ67 Teleconverter

Has anyone been adventerous enough to try an RZ67 1.4 teleconverter behind a 250 or 350 lens? If so, experiences/results? I know they're not recommended behind anything longer than a 180.

I'm primarily a LF guy, but I picked up an old beater RZ67 and some lenses I've been playing with. So far, I'm impressed with it.

Thanks,
    Dave

Shooter
    Medium Format
    No, but I wouldn't mind trying one behind my 210APO. The longer lenses start getting pretty big and heavy to be carrying around

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I used one with the 360/6 and 350/5.6 APO - worked fine in both cases. it's a bit unwieldy trying to handhold that rig though. Plus, viewfinder becomes a touch dark, so best for outdoor / daylight shooting if possible.

-Ed

Shooter
    Medium Format

Works with the Zoom...

I've quite often used my 100-200 with the teleconverter, in good light, with very acceptable results.

I'm not sure why the lens geometry in the 250mm should make it unsuitable but it may be like the Zeiss Mutars for the Contax 35mm SLR lenses. They offer 2 different 2x converters, depending on the lenses being used though with some crossover of lens models, and a 1.4x which only suits a very limited selection of the glassware.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin