Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,492   Posts: 1,571,373   Online: 978

Shooter
    Multi Format

Bronica SQ WLFinder Woes...

Like always- I pushed the magnifier down to return it to its normal position inside the Waist Level Finder so that I could recompose my image after critical focusing...
    I couldnt hear the sound it made (head phones were blaring some punk rock provided by the band McLusky) but I could feel a grind and a pop just before all the tension was gone from the magnifier and gravity returned it to its down position-

I looked for any kinds of pieces or part, shards, chips, or flakes...and found none. I took off the finder and inspected it thoroughly and couldnt come up with a way to return my finder to its previous working order.

Do any of y'all have experience or advice on this situation?
    Should I just bite the bullet and get a new finder?

Stinks that I can only use a prism finder now- but thankful its at least an option...
    M. David Farrell, Jr.

----------------------------------------------
    ~Buying a Nikon doesn not make you a photographer. It makes you a Nikon owner!

~Everybody has a photographic memory, but not everybody has film!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Sounds like you might have broken the spring - Just had a look at my WLF and there isn't really anything much else to break or jam.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    To properly employ a WLF you need to be listening to World Inferno Friendship Society, or at the very least Queens of the Sone Age.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Perhaps my Japanese camera was trying comment on my listening to Welsh rock music....damn those finicky camera...damn them...
    M. David Farrell, Jr.

----------------------------------------------
    ~Buying a Nikon doesn not make you a photographer. It makes you a Nikon owner!

~Everybody has a photographic memory, but not everybody has film!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Call up Jimmy Koh, and describe what happened. He can send you a new part, or quite possibly fix it cheaper than the cost of a new finder.

www.kohscamera.com
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As you're poking around the insides of the finder, there should be a small spring that pushes the magnifier "up".
    Open the finder as if you were using it and take a look. It's possible that the spring isn't broken but has slipped off the surface it is supposed to push on.
    If that's the case it's just repositioning the spring.
    Don't laugh but I use a loop of dental floss and creative language to do these things.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin