Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,279   Posts: 1,534,858   Online: 770

Shooter
    Multi Format

RZ67 blank frames

I am somewhat new to medium format and don't get around to using my RZ67 II ..

Recently, as I was using the camera for a project, i've installed a new battery before i start shooting ,shot two rolls tri-x & hp5 , both came with 5 nice large negatives while the other frames were blank ? the two rolls were shot with 110 & RB 65mm

a frined sugested that i wans't advancing the dvancing the crank all the way down , again shot two rolls yesterday , just to make sure that i was advancing the lever to move the mirror back down .. developed and scanned , still getting 4 negatives in one roll and 5 on the second ?

thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hmm, I know that when other mf cameras have this problem, it usually means the shutter in the lens is failing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Do something, take off the film back and install it back again, remove the lens and then install again, don't know what to tell you as i never had this issue with my RZ67II, i faced another issues but not this one.
    replace the battery with another fresh one, and be sure you loaded the film correctly, i did a mistake few times and loaded the film incorrectly.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm not sure on all the diferences between the RZ and the RB, but with a duff RB67 Pro S body I found that light baffle behind the mirror was sometimes rising late, other times not rising at all and this caused an entire roll of unexposed film. To check this you can operate camera without the back attached and make sure you can see the shutter fire when looking through the back.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    cheers guys , i'm still going through thr manuals ..

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin