Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,606   Online: 974

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 48910111213141516 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    None,

Nobody was actual on the moon. It was a studio in LA.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Hasselblads were not protected from vacuum and radiation. It would have added too much to the weight. Kodak conducted tests under vacuum to ensure that the vacuum would not hurt the film over the time that the film was exposed to vacuum. Kodak did not run any radiation tests AFAIK.

The film was coated on a special support of about 2 mil estar to allow more frames per roll, and the camera backs were modified to take the increased number of exposures.

The person who modified the cameras is alive and well and still has lunch monthly with a group of the old timers from CCMTA. A friend of mine had lunch with them about 2 years ago. I have pictures of him and me holding John Glenn's modified camera, and I have a box of his spare parts for the camera modifications which includes a larger advance lever so that the astronaut can work it with his clumsy gloves.

NASA has posted some photos taken by the lunar orbiter which clearly show the "remains" of the Apollo missions on the moon. Closeups show footprints and wheel marks as well.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    The Hasselblads were not protected from vacuum and radiation. It would have added too much to the weight. Kodak conducted tests under vacuum to ensure that the vacuum would not hurt the film over the time that the film was exposed to vacuum. Kodak did not run any radiation tests AFAIK.

The film was coated on a special support of about 2 mil estar to allow more frames per roll, and the camera backs were modified to take the increased number of exposures.

The person who modified the cameras is alive and well and still has lunch monthly with a group of the old timers from CCMTA. A friend of mine had lunch with them about 2 years ago. I have pictures of him and me holding John Glenn's modified camera, and I have a box of his spare parts for the camera modifications which includes a larger advance lever so that the astronaut can work it with his clumsy gloves.

NASA has posted some photos taken by the lunar orbiter which clearly show the "remains" of the Apollo missions on the moon. Closeups show footprints and wheel marks as well.

PE
    Regarding my comments about the vacuum and radiation protection, I stand corrected. For that, PE, I thank you.

Dieter Zakas
    Oops, NJ

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Where were the cameras left behind stored.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kubach View Post
    I love that album 'Dark Side Of The Moon' by Pink Floyd!

Jeff
    There second best album!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if they're just sitting in the rovers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
    You planning to go get them are you?
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by KarnyDoc View Post
    Dammit, I just HATE when I have a bout of encephalatic flatulence!

I meant to add, as an asterisked postscript, that my girlfriend met Buzz Aldrin when she worked at Walt Disney World.

Dieter
    I always refer to it as "my train of thought left the station without me"

Your girlfriend clearly associates with the right kind of people :-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It has been said here that the moon landing is a hoax.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by noacronym View Post
    I got to stand within 30 feet of Borman's Lovell's, and Anders' Saturn 5 rocket when I was 11.
    At launch time?
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin