Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,366   Posts: 1,682,939   Online: 641

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 59101112131415
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm often confronted with the fact that I'm living under a rock... maybe it is actually behind the Moon (as we say in German).

So if I come across one of those cameras, I'll tell you...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just like to thank PE for the very interesting first hand information regarding the Hasselblads!

I read a story that one EDC went home again and that it was "confiscated" by NASA because it was government property. Is there any truth in this?
    Sometimes when i read som story on the web about any of the new improved hot cameras beeing released i can´t help to peek at my EL/M sitting next to me and think "i´m sure it´s wonderful but THIS cameras cousine went to the moon...ha!".

Anyway, i find the Hasselblad history very interesting and even more so because the cameras are still making top notch proffesional work as we speak. I just got my 500C (US) back from service done in gothenburg last week. Changed lots of parts, costed an arm and a leg but hey, it´s 43 years old! Incredible!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Why does it matter how many Hasselblads there are on the Moon, unless you are going to make the trip to pick them up.
    Well, we can dream, can't we?
    All this has happened before, and all this will happen again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There were just enough sent there to do the job.

And Tom, thanks for the kind comment. I try to add some personal experience even though it was before the MLLP (Manned Lunar Landing Program). I left shortly after the first Saturn launch. I was there through all of the Mercury project.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ...but I will also presume that the cameras meant for Apollo flights 18, 19, and 20 are still extant,
    as those programs were cancelled due to budget cuts...
    Or, they could have been re-lensed for use on/inside the three (3) Skylab missions,
    and/or the Apollo-Soyuz mission. Speculation only!

Marc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Why does it matter how many Hasselblads there are on the Moon, unless you are going to make the trip to pick them up.
    From a photography point of view it does not matter but i would dare to assume that some photographers also has a passion for knowledge and history. I find the Hasselblad history very interesting and its certainly fairly unique. First hand experience from those who were a part of it to whatever extent is very valuable :-)

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    With all this Hasselblad talk we should not forget that various types of cameras of various brands had been brought into space. (Though not left on the moon.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I hear that the North Koreans tried to send up a capsule with a pinhole camera... they didn't realize it would leak.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    FYI, from an exhibition in Germany that took place from 2009 till 2010 in Oberhausen. I've visited it twice during that time.

Christian
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF6956_1024.jpg   DSCF6959_1024.jpg   DSCF6960_1024.jpg   DSCF6962_1024.jpg   DSCF6963_1024.jpg  

DSCF6967_1024.jpg   DSCF6971_1024.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Where is all the film from the missions stored?

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 59101112131415

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin