Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,543   Posts: 1,544,405   Online: 1053

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5910111213141516 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by noacronym View Post
    No, that summer when they were building it. It was in the Vehicle Assembly Building. At launch time, I was glued to the TV set in Charlotte NC.
    You are awfully hard to tease, you know
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was about 1 mile away for the launch of Saturn 1. In Melbourne FL, the sound level was about 120 DB. Imagine what it was where I was standing! Von Braun was the last person off the pad with his limo driver and one of our cameramen.

And, BTW, there were other cameras left on the moon as well.

PE

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
    Where were the cameras left behind stored.
    Somewhere behind the Moon... we'll stay. No one will find us there.

"Behind the Moon" - 1969
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czTNs...0ADB570B90430A

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm often confronted with the fact that I'm living under a rock... maybe it is actually behind the Moon (as we say in German).

So if I come across one of those cameras, I'll tell you...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just like to thank PE for the very interesting first hand information regarding the Hasselblads!

I read a story that one EDC went home again and that it was "confiscated" by NASA because it was government property. Is there any truth in this?
    Sometimes when i read som story on the web about any of the new improved hot cameras beeing released i can´t help to peek at my EL/M sitting next to me and think "i´m sure it´s wonderful but THIS cameras cousine went to the moon...ha!".

Anyway, i find the Hasselblad history very interesting and even more so because the cameras are still making top notch proffesional work as we speak. I just got my 500C (US) back from service done in gothenburg last week. Changed lots of parts, costed an arm and a leg but hey, it´s 43 years old! Incredible!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Why does it matter how many Hasselblads there are on the Moon, unless you are going to make the trip to pick them up.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Why does it matter how many Hasselblads there are on the Moon, unless you are going to make the trip to pick them up.
    Well, we can dream, can't we?
    All this has happened before, and all this will happen again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There were just enough sent there to do the job.

And Tom, thanks for the kind comment. I try to add some personal experience even though it was before the MLLP (Manned Lunar Landing Program). I left shortly after the first Saturn launch. I was there through all of the Mercury project.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ...but I will also presume that the cameras meant for Apollo flights 18, 19, and 20 are still extant,
    as those programs were cancelled due to budget cuts...
    Or, they could have been re-lensed for use on/inside the three (3) Skylab missions,
    and/or the Apollo-Soyuz mission. Speculation only!

Marc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    From a photography point of view it does not matter but i would dare to assume that some photographers also has a passion for knowledge and history. I find the Hasselblad history very interesting and its certainly fairly unique. First hand experience from those who were a part of it to whatever extent is very valuable :-)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin