Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,486   Posts: 1,571,303   Online: 784

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    thanks "Reseau plate"... I thought it was spelled wrong too... but I was too lazy to Google it.

North America just north of that sharp right turn North America makes on the Atlantic coast.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    FYI, even if you could go to the moon and retrieve all the stuff up there, most of it has been claimed by the state of California including the "human waste" that was left behind. I have a feeling that their argument of ownership by claim wouldn't hold up in court against anyone that was actually holding an item from the moon in their hand. Everything on the moon is technically abandoned property and anyone that can go get it should have the right to keep, give or sell whatever they could bring back from the moon with them.
    "Would you like it if someone that painted in oils told you that you were not making portraits because you were using a camera?"
    "Shouldn't it be more about the joy of producing and viewing the photo than what you paid for the camera?"

Me

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bblhed View Post
    FYI, even if you could go to the moon and retrieve all the stuff up there, most of it has been claimed by the state of California including the "human waste" that was left behind. I have a feeling that their argument of ownership by claim wouldn't hold up in court against anyone that was actually holding an item from the moon in their hand. Everything on the moon is technically abandoned property and anyone that can go get it should have the right to keep, give or sell whatever they could bring back from the moon with them.
    I suggest we send Uncle Earl to retreave it all.
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by vpwphoto View Post
    thanks "Reseau plate"... I thought it was spelled wrong too... but I was too lazy to Google it.
    I did and found lots of instances of it with the spelling I originally posted!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have a feeling that their argument of ownership by claim wouldn't hold up in court against anyone that was actually holding an item from the moon in their hand.
    It would have to be heard in a Moon court as Earth law does not apply on the moon!

Everything on the moon is technically abandoned property and anyone that can go get it should have the right to keep, give or sell whatever they could bring back from the moon with them.
    I don't think it's ever going to be a problem though.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    Rousseau plate.

Steve.
    No, those can only be used for Primitivist images.

Henri or Jean-Jacques, works either way.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Whaaa?? I knew Sacramento was loaded with dumbasses who waste time on ridiculous crap, while never being able to pass a budget on time, but if that's true, geez...
    Why would they claim the um, "waste"? The Capital's full of that already!
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

North America just north of that sharp right turn North America makes on the Atlantic coast.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    You just can't make this up.

In January the California Historical Resources Commission formally claimed, on behalf of the state, about 100 items of property on the surface of the moon having been left behind during the 1969 Apollo 11 landing (since California companies were instrumental in that mission and since only the moon surface itself is off limits to ownership claims under international law). Among the items declared are tools, a flag, bags of food and bags of human waste left by astronauts Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin. [BBC News, 1-30-10]
    "Would you like it if someone that painted in oils told you that you were not making portraits because you were using a camera?"
    "Shouldn't it be more about the joy of producing and viewing the photo than what you paid for the camera?"

Me

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kubach View Post
    Not on Sundays!!

Jeff
    A lunar day is about 28 earth days, so waiting until the stores open on Monday to get your Tri-X is a real drag.

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here is the photo in question. I am examining the Mercury camera with Red Williams, the camera builder. In the second photo, taken from the news after I left the cape, Red is shown with two of the astronauts.

In the background of the first photo, you can see the second and third capsules undergoing checkout. After this photo was taken, I went into the white room with one of the photo crew members and had a chance to stand up into the capsule. The door was facing down, so you just crawled under and stood up and you were inside the capsule.

PE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Me and Red with Mercury.jpg   Red amd Astronauts.jpg  

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin