Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,082   Online: 1024

Shooter
    35mm Pan

Different types of bay 70 hasselblad polarizing filters

Hello,
    Does anybody know what is the difference between those polarization filters?

Better glass or coating? Is one of them slim version? Which one is a new type? I need a filter for my CFi 50 mm f/4 lens
    thx,
    Chris

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The one on top seems to be a circular polarizer, while the one below seems to be a linear polarizer.

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Thanks for the response, but seems that both filters are linear, see here:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As long as the camera does not require a circular polarizer, it does not matter which you use. Not only that, but why not arbitrarily pick the narrow mount for a wide-angle lens and get it over with? Moral of the story: pick one and run with it.
    Geo.

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Pgeobc View Post
    Moral of the story: pick one and run with it.
    sure, but I would like to know the difference anyway, that's why I am asking

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am inclined to think that there is no appreciable difference except, perhaps, a difference in age/manufacturing dates. That might introduce some variable, but not enough to matter. I think that if one were a circular polarizer, it would be marked so; they usually are.

BTW, I love my 50. It is a bit clunky, but it is sharp and renders very well, indeed. Maybe I should get a polarizer; right now I only use a KR1.5. I had trouble getting used to using that extra focus ring, but once I got the hang of it by reading Hasselblad's official instructions, it seems easy.
    Geo.

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Pgeobc View Post
    I think that if one were a circular polarizer, it would be marked so; they usually are.
    I have found more pictures in the web and both filters are marked LIN, so they are not polarizers.
    Last edited by bowie; 03-18-2011 at 03:52 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    BTW, your 50 has a reputation for allowing one to add junk on the front end without vignetting. I see people recommending a Bay 70 to Bay 60 adaptor or Bay 70 to "something smaller" adaptor. I even see people recommending adding a Bay 70-77mm adaptor and a shade on the end of that. It must be pretty tolerant of add-ons.
    Geo.

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    I have already bought bay 70 filter on ebay. It is second version, while in the ebay picture first version was shown. That's why I am asking

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin