Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,172   Online: 1044

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric Trexell View Post
    So far I have been able to eliminate digitals from my list.
    Sounds like a good start!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have you considered RZ? I have an RZ and I use RB lenses and a RZ prism on it. Works like a charm, but still heavy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Although I haven't really noticed a shortage of Pro S's, I have noticed an increase in the prices of the units listed for sale. A couple of months ago I bought a Pro S in EX condition, a BGN (that looks as good as an EX) 65mm non-C, a BGN 90mm C, an EX 180mm C, 120 6x7 power back and a prism all for $450.00. I haven't seen anything close to that deal since then.

Still looking for a 360mm and another 120 back to finish up my kit.

Jeff

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jpreston View Post
    Although I haven't really noticed a shortage of Pro S's, I have noticed an increase in the prices of the units listed for sale. A couple of months ago I bought a Pro S in EX condition, a BGN (that looks as good as an EX) 65mm non-C, a BGN 90mm C, an EX 180mm C, 120 6x7 power back and a prism all for $450.00. I haven't seen anything close to that deal since then.

Still looking for a 360mm and another 120 back to finish up my kit.

Jeff
    Clean, mint or NOS stuff is getting harder to find, the exception being the give-away KEH prices on popular focal length new KL lenses. Butt-ugly, worked-to-death Pro bodies and backs are still out there for the brave.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My impression of the MF used market is that it is very uneven and chaotic. Checking one source once will barely give you an image of what's out there in the market and at what prices. A year ago KEH was flooded with RZ lenses (they even had the 37mm fisheye and the 500/5.6 ! ), then the number of offerings quickly declined. Then those NOS lenses hit KEH, of which most have been sold by now, especially the longer focal lengths. I constantly find offers on ebay at twice the price of what brick&mortar shops ask.

It takes time, dilligence and a sense for the right moment to score MF parts for reasonable (ha ha, 1/10 of original price for top condition ) prices.
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    i love the RB67 and check several sources daily, despite the fact that i already have more complete units than i will ever need. it all started with a local craigslist purchase of a Pro S with a 220 back, 90mm "C" lens, and the standard prism without the meter. It was my first venture into medium format, and i was instantly hooked the first time i looked into that viewfinder. I paid $60.00 for it. It was dirty, but functioned perfectly. I posted here looking for help with adding to the kit and purchased some great stuff from B.S. Kumar. Since then i have completely went off the reservation, buying every "deal" i came across. i do believe if you keep looking you will find your deal too. The best deal was purchasing the "as is" camera bodies from KEH. prices ranged from $1.30-$6.80. I bought four total, and three of them worked! i know this sounds crazy, hell even i don't believe it. I am sure this doesn't really happen that often, I just must have been extremely lucky, (I did send the one that did not work in for service to kind of appease the good luck gods, and as a thank-you to KEH). I do need some serious therapy though, as I now have fourteen RB67's not having paid over $100.00 for any of them, (the exception being the body i sent to KEH for service). Please do not look upon this as gloating, but rather as a cry for help. I just can't seem to resist the temptation to buy these awesome cameras. I guess my point is that the deals are out there, please find them before i do....
    Last edited by phirehouse; 04-07-2011 at 06:21 PM. Click to view previous post history.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by phirehouse View Post
    i love the RB67 and check several sources daily, despite the fact that i already have more complete units than i will ever need. it all started with a local craigslist purchase of a Pro S with a 220 back, 90mm "C" lens, and the standard prism without the meter. It was my first venture into medium format, and i was instantly hooked the first time i looked into that viewfinder. I paid $60.00 for it. It was dirty, but functioned perfectly. I posted here looking for help with adding to the kit and purchased some great stuff from B.S. Kumar. Since then i have completely went off the reservation, buying every "deal" i came across. i do believe if you keep looking you will find your deal too. The best deal was purchasing the "as is" camera bodies from KEH. prices ranged from $1.30-$6.80. I bought four total, and three of them worked! i know this sounds crazy, hell even i don't believe it. I am sure this doesn't really happen that often, I just must have been extremely lucky, (I did send the one that did not work in for service to kind of appease the good luck gods, and as a thank-you to KEH). I do need some serious therapy though, as I now have fourteen RB67's not having paid over $100.00 for any of them, (the exception being the body i sent to KEH for service). Please do not look upon this as gloating, but rather as a cry for help. I just can't seem to resist the temptation to buy these awesome cameras. I guess my point is that the deals are out there, please find them before i do....
    Try the Mamiya 12-step program. Just stay 12 steps away from the keyboard and mouse.Works for me.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Search "Mamiya RB67" world wide, Some great deals from Ireland and the US, England usually high prices, sometimes search or filter for newest items, buy it now can be a good deal to jump on if you are serious. Me I am constantly looking for good deals and jumping on film backs and lenses. Pro-s Bodies once in a while.
    "Often you will discover in life, that temerity yields little that quiet observation and decisive action can!"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    KEH had their prices on RB67 stuff shot up. I bought my Pro S body back in end of February for $69 only BGN condition and it's like EX+ or EX on eBay. I was very happy and pleased. But lately the prices are way too expensive. I've been watching KEH. Even the UG Pro S body is as expensive as BGN Pro S body (old price). There must be reasons for the price hikes on KEH.COM.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by morrishilarian View Post
    There must be reasons for the price hikes on KEH.COM.
    Supply and demand. I started buying Hasselblad equipment just as the prices were bottoming out. The prices stay low for several years and then last year the prices starting going up. Some have hypothesized that the professional photographers who dumped them for digital cameras, started coming back to film and buying them. Just a theory, I have yet to see anything back that up other than the rising prices.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin