Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,569   Posts: 1,545,467   Online: 1181

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Supply and demand. I started buying Hasselblad equipment just as the prices were bottoming out. The prices stay low for several years and then last year the prices starting going up. Some have hypothesized that the professional photographers who dumped them for digital cameras, started coming back to film and buying them. Just a theory, I have yet to see anything back that up other than the rising prices.

Steve
    Funny, my buddies and I have had the same thoughts watching the prices take a nose-dive in the 2005-07 years and steadily climb back up. I had a Mamiya Press 23 system and a Fuji GW690III for dirt cheap ($150 former, %550 the latter) and now I couldn't hardly dare find those prices. Maybe the advancements in scanner technology as well? Maybe just the feel of digital? Don't know, but the prices definitely reflect some sort of trend.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Klainmeister View Post
    Funny, my buddies and I have had the same thoughts watching the prices take a nose-dive in the 2005-07 years and steadily climb back up. I had a Mamiya Press 23 system and a Fuji GW690III for dirt cheap ($150 former, %550 the latter) and now I couldn't hardly dare find those prices. Maybe the advancements in scanner technology as well? Maybe just the feel of digital? Don't know, but the prices definitely reflect some sort of trend.
    Tessina 35 L, Nikon N-75, Nikon F100, Voitlander Vito II, Hasselblad 503 CX, Hasselblad 903 SWC, 4"x5" Graflex Model D, 4"x5" Pacemaker Graphic, lots of lenses, Chromega Dichroic D5-XL with color head, 26" wide Araky Dual Dry drum print dryer, a Jobo CPP2 with tanks for 35mm, 120mm and 4"x5" Expert Drum and all the rest of the darkroom equipment for less that the top of the line Nikon or Canon digital body only. The digi-snappers have given us a gift with the digital revolution. Who knows maybe some digi-snappers are finding out that using digital techniques get their fingers dirty and smelly!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The digi-snappers have given us a gift with the digital revolution.
    i agree, and i love it. (and hate it..)

Shooter
    Instant Films
    I have 2 Mimaya Rb67 ProS cameras in perfect condition. One is in the original case with everything including the instruction manual. The other is in a box with all the equipment as well. My grandfather owned a photography company and we have a ton of equipment (not limited to these two cameras) that we're trying to get rid of. I was going to sell these to KEH but figured I could just sell them directly if anyone is interested. My grandfather has Alzheimer's and we have since put him in an assisted living center and have to sell off his things. I will send you pictures of everything or answer any question you have to the best of my ability. I know absolutely nothing about this equipment. Email me at: Jernst34@gmail.com.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I had him send me a few pictures of the stuff (still hoping for that barn-find Cirkut camera :-) ) and it looks extra extra minty. I suggested he post things in the classifieds here, which would be the best chance of getting this into the hands of someone who can use it, and can pay something between what it's worth and what KEH will give him.

Duncan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I bought my RB67 kit from KEH a number of years ago, got a great deal. If you have some time, check them out.

Jeff

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin