Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,914   Posts: 1,556,277   Online: 819

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

No Rb67 Pro S's on ebay?

I was just checking out a few cameras on ebay and I usually check the Mamiya RB67 (all versions) listings. Today I entered Mamiya RB67 Pro S and the only thing that came up were three listings for light shielding kits. NO cameras or backs or anything related to gear. I then entered just Mamiya RB67 and got that plus filters and shutter releases. Again no cameras. I have noticed that there have been less and less cameras for sale over the last year, but this is strange. Are people that wanted a RB now hanging on to them or is there little demand for them. I realize this could change tomorrow, but it is the first time that I have not seen one or two cameras for sale. I'm not looking for a camera, but I'm always interested to see what they are going for and what accessories are up for auction.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric Trexell View Post
    I was just checking out a few cameras on ebay and I usually check the Mamiya RB67 (all versions) listings. Today I entered Mamiya RB67 Pro S and the only thing that came up were three listings for light shielding kits. NO cameras or backs or anything related to gear. I then entered just Mamiya RB67 and got that plus filters and shutter releases. Again no cameras. I have noticed that there have been less and less cameras for sale over the last year, but this is strange. Are people that wanted a RB now hanging on to them or is there little demand for them. I realize this could change tomorrow, but it is the first time that I have not seen one or two cameras for sale. I'm not looking for a camera, but I'm always interested to see what they are going for and what accessories are up for auction.
    Saw quite a few, sorry. Often, clueless sellers list Pro S models as Pro models, so it pays to look closely. I'm not sensing a trend, Ric.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A whole bunch of Pro S gear shows up when I run my (saved) eBay RB67 search. Admittedly it is an eBay.ca search, but most of the entries are from the USA.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's always better to run generic searches (ie don't limit to a specific version of the same model)
    like CGW says there will be mis-listed items and you'll end up with less competition when bidding.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Check KEH.com and Samys Camera. The inventory constantly changes so those places are good for hunting for what you want. Besides, their return policies beat the risks of eBay. YMMV

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are two of them on consignment with lenses for 1,000 US in the camera shop up the street. I'm not sure if they are Pro S but they are definitely RB67's.

How do you know if they are Pro S? I know very little about medium format, I do a lot of 35mm SLR's and rangefinders.
    5x7 Eastman-Kodak kit / B&L 135mm Zeiss Tessar + Compur Deckel
    4x5 Graphic View / Schneider 180 5.6 Symmar in a Synchro Compur
    RB67 Pro S /50 4.5 / 90 3.8 / 180 4.5 / WLF / prism finder / polaback
    Random 35mm stuff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Do check KEH, their lens prices are cheaper than eBay, probably bodies too!

$1000 is way too much for an RB67. Check KEH!
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by j-dogg View Post
    There are two of them on consignment with lenses for 1,000 US in the camera shop up the street. I'm not sure if they are Pro S but they are definitely RB67's.

How do you know if they are Pro S? I know very little about medium format, I do a lot of 35mm SLR's and rangefinders.
    Doh, it says "Pro S" on the body, film back, and rotating adapter--subtle, no?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I recently bought a pro s rb67 with 120 back for 51 dollars... Look around

Shooter
    Multi Format

Sorry, it must have been a glitch.

Sorry guys (and gals). I went there now and found several cameras up for bidding. It must have been a glitch this morning to only show three listings. As for going to KEH and others, that is no fun when you can bid on something you will never use, that you had no intention of ever buying, but someone is listing for a fraction of what it is usually listed for so you just have to put in a bid. There is no cure for this, it started 40 years ago when I got my first 35mm camera that I could focus and adjust all those numbers, and I'm still looking for the perfect camera. So far I have been able to eliminate digitals from my list.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin