Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,879   Posts: 1,520,370   Online: 1142

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What bag?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

What bag?

Hi,

Did a couple different searches on this forum but could not find much posted about bags. What kind of bag(shoulder bag, specifically) do you use to carry your MF gear for day to day use? Looking for some suggestions for carrying a Mamiya 645AF plus 2 lenses, a F100 and one lens and some accessories. No lap top slot necessary. Thanks in advance.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm very happy with a Crumpler "6 million dollar home", but it will not accomodate a Mamiya PLUS a Nikon F100 (this seems a lot of equipment).

I use it for my Rolleiflex will all the accesories I own (Two Rolleinar, 5 filters, light meter, table top tripod + extension, spare film, cable release...) and there is some room to spare.

I use the same with my Hasselblad and a few filters and could stuff an additional lens in it.
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for your reply, Laurent. I actually own the 7MDH, which I love, but even it's a little too cramped. I am kind of looking for something that is a little less satchel-like, that has a larger lid and internal compartment for easier access.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like the Domke F2
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've got a Crumpler messenger bag with photo insert. Works quite well, and is a good messenger bag (I'd use it on a bike if it wern't full of equipment, it's got all the right straps).

I think it's the Complete Seed and insert/bucket/whatever they call them.

Don't know if it'll fit exactly what you want, but it will fit a M645 + winder (bigger than a 645AF IIRC) w/ an 80/2.8 and 150/4, two flashes, ~20 rolls in boxes, and a box of P sized filters. And still some room for notebooks/magazines, etc flat stuff. Never had any 35mm stuff in it though.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've been using an M-classics bag since 2004. I originally bought it for my rangefinder equipment but have found that it easily accommodated a Rolleiflex 2.8F, a Rolleiflex Automat and assorted accessories. It's a great bag. Here's the link. I have no connection to the company, just a very satisfied customer.

www.mclassics.com

:-)

Respectfully,

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a Domke F2 also but sometimes it's just too large.
    I've found the Maxpedition backpack to work pretty well. The one I have can be used with both straps or as a single shoulder device. They also have sling bags and are very well made.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When I bought a Mamiya 645 Pro kit from here late last year, the seller thoughtfully shipped it securely inside a Lowepro Elite AW bag, and I haven't changed it since it's perfect! Right now in the main compartment I have the body with an 80mm lens, waist-level finder, and 120 back attached; another 120 back; right-angle finder; left-hand grip; and 150mm lens. The front compartment can hold my meter or a good supply of film. My only possible caveat is that it's rather cube-shaped, so it can be cumbersome hanging from the shoulder and works best carried from the top handle like a duffel, but any medium-format system would probably be as difficult with any bag.
    website | Flickr
    "Embrace the negative with absolution, your final positive reward." --IQ, "The Province," Frequency

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The Domke F2 might be a bit snug; the F1X is roomier. Get the slightly pricier but more durable ballistic nylon. Both have adjustable inner dividers plus optional pieces that let you customize the inner bag. Lots of secure internal and external storage space, too. I have both and use the F2 for either a Bronica SQ-B or Mamiya ProTL kit and the F1X for Mamiya RB stuff. If you go for a Domke bag, get the USPS-style shoulder pad for all-day comfort. They're both glitz-less and don't draw attention.

Datchet, Berkshire UK- about 20 miles west of London
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    For an extensive MT system, or two smaller systems such as you have, I haven't found anything better than a Lowepro Omni (Trekker or Pro) which stores everything on one level and so eliminates the need to move one lens or body to reach another. The slim shape keeps the weight close to you and so reduces perceived weight. I use these with Op/Tech straps. The big problem is that LowePro discontinued these bags a while back though you might still find one around at a good price.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin