Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,899   Posts: 1,521,073   Online: 941

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oh, My!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Oh the horror!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Daniel View Post
    I showed the screen of a Minolta Autocord to someone who asked about the camera while on the street. A guy maybe 20, 25. He looked down and gasped- 'What a great LCD!!"
    Probably somebody under 20 years old

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    I have 3 tlr's and I can't tell you how much fun I have using them, I love all 3 and they are my preferred cameras to use, you get a different view with the waist level finder, and just a different outlook on life and photography,Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawrenceu View Post
    Today I loaded up the new-to-me YashicaMat with HP5. ... I can't wait to develop this strip and see what it looks like.
    If you think HP5 is good try some Pan F-Plus!

HP5 is good. Don't get me wrong. But remember that the YashicaMat was designed when 400 ISO film was not common. When I use 400 ISO film in my YashicaMat, I occasionally find that, on a sunny day, I'm bumping up against the upper end of my camera's shutter speed and aperture limits to get the exposure I want.

Use 100 ISO and you won't have that problem. Further, if you use Pan F, shooting at ISO 50, you'll be down, well inside the mechanical limits of the camera, PLUS with the qualities of 50-speed film on a 6x6 cm negative, your grain will be truly microscopic!

When I put Pan F negatives in my enlarger, even in 35mm, I have a hard time finding the grain through my focusing scope. When I do it with 120 format, grain is truly invisible!
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Worker 11811 View Post
    If you think HP5 is good try some Pan F-Plus!

HP5 is good. Don't get me wrong. But remember that the YashicaMat was designed when 400 ISO film was not common. When I use 400 ISO film in my YashicaMat, I occasionally find that, on a sunny day, I'm bumping up against the upper end of my camera's shutter speed and aperture limits to get the exposure I want.

Use 100 ISO and you won't have that problem. Further, if you use Pan F, shooting at ISO 50, you'll be down, well inside the mechanical limits of the camera, PLUS with the qualities of 50-speed film on a 6x6 cm negative, your grain will be truly microscopic!

When I put Pan F negatives in my enlarger, even in 35mm, I have a hard time finding the grain through my focusing scope. When I do it with 120 format, grain is truly invisible!
    I was thinking about that very thing this afternoon. HP5 is all that is available locally. I wanted to get the camera out quickly so I picked up a couple of rolls. I'm now looking for some other, more suitable, films online. I'm open to any suggestions.

I am absolutely loving this camera. At first I thought maybe it was just nostalgia. My father used one for a couple of years when I was really little, say four or five, when he was shooting some stuff for publications. I can still remember that. Now, I think it is beyond nostalgia. I just like the thing and the format.
    Sunny 16 works for me.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Pan F was my favorite for a while as well, especially when developed with the more standard developers that leave images with zero grain and very even tonal spread. I nowadays can recommend Acros 100 and shoot it near 64. It's one of the most forgiving and overall beautiful films I shoot and a 5 pack from Freestyle is $15!
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumalite View Post
    My babies.

The extreme right is an Ikontaflex
    They must be very happy to be with you because they are jumping up and down!

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I agree about the Pan F. Beautiful film, especially developed in Rodinal.

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a beautiful Rolleiflex and the camera is a true joy to use. I keep it in a display case most of the time to protect it. I have a couple Hasselblads and full system. I must say that using the TLR is really a joyful photographic experience compared to the SLR medium format rigs. It's hard to explain but a TLR is just natural, it fits in to a work flow perfectly. Obviously they have limitations but they more than make up for those in other ways. My first TLR was a Yashica Mat 124G when they first came to market, that camera was a joy also, a terrific value.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Klainmeister View Post
    Pan F was my favorite ...!
    Oh...but Panatomic-X was nice, too...back when the Rolleiflex was my only camera.

A real wizard in Microdol-X (3:1)!
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I finally took my Mamiya C33 out yesterday to do some real street shooting and I had such a blast. I already knew that I liked using a TLR, but it was so comforting shooting street scenes through the wonderful waist level screen. I like taking my time to compose my shots, but pointing my 35mm SLR at people on the street for anything longer than a few seconds just doesn't work too well. With my TLR I can stare for as long as I want into the finder and nobody seems to even notice once they get over the crazy camera.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin