Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,541   Posts: 1,572,774   Online: 904

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oh, My!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    They must be very happy to be with you because they are jumping up and down!

Steve
    Ask them
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Never get tired of showing mine. The only cameras that never get put away. Always sitting out..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails web-rolleis-ww.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Pain-MD View Post
    I finally took my Mamiya C33 out yesterday to do some real street shooting and I had such a blast. I already knew that I liked using a TLR, but it was so comforting shooting street scenes through the wonderful waist level screen. I like taking my time to compose my shots, but pointing my 35mm SLR at people on the street for anything longer than a few seconds just doesn't work too well. With my TLR I can stare for as long as I want into the finder and nobody seems to even notice once they get over the crazy camera.
    Doc, this is nice to hear. I'm taking my new C33 out for the first time today, for some hand-held shooting at an orchid show, and maybe out on the street after that. This heavy beast is going to take some getting used to but the test roll done on the tripod was beautiful. I often feel the same way as you with a 35mm and find street photography very difficult. I'm hoping the telephoto lenses will make me oven more invisible.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    ...I'm hoping the telephoto lenses will make me oven more invisible.
    I use a couple of C220's and the longest lens I have for these cameras is the 180. I don't use the 180 that much. I kind of gets in the way. The way I figure it, if you need the long lens, you're not close enough. Just do your thing, and people will ignore you, which is what you want if you want to be invisible.
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    fschifano - I know I'm not close enough. I don't want to be close enough - that's why I do very little street photography and don't pretend to be any good at it.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Actually, it's an Ikoflex. The Ikoflex series is somewhat unusual in that nearly every model looked different from the previous model.

The only other camera series that shared this bizarre design approach was the Rolleiflex SL 35 cameras.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumalite View Post
    My babies.

The extreme right is an Ikontaflex

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dpurdy View Post
    Never get tired of showing mine. The only cameras that never get put away. Always sitting out..
    Likewise,

although the Mamiya and Primo don't see as much use as the two Rolleiflexes. Two of the camera that goes everywhere with me are below:

Respectfully,

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format

WLF is great when you get older too.

I never thought I would like the waist level finder on a camera, but that changed as I got older. When you get bifocals, and the eyes don't focus on things as fast as they did when you were 20 years old, that big screen puts the fun back in photography. I still use a 35mm but my way of focusing that is to turn the lense one way till it is blurry, turn it back the other way till it is blurry, then put it in between and hope you are close. Another advantage I'm finding is that now stopping down the aperature to see depth of field really works with a wlf. With a 35mm the image is so small in the viewfinder that you can really see the difference anyway. Ric.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin