Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,951   Posts: 1,585,997   Online: 793

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oh, My!

Shooter
    Multi Format

Oh, My!

Today I loaded up the new-to-me YashicaMat with HP5. It arrived last week and I spent a bit of time cleaning the dust out of the corners and just getting to know it. The shutter timing seems to be right. The aperture seems to adjust well. In short I think everything is fine.

I went outside just to play around with it, nothing serious. When I popped up the hood and looked at the focussing screen I was stunned. I had forgotten how wonderful of a view that is. I played around taking some close portraits of my daughter and was in awe of the '3D' effect on the screen. She was captivated by it as well, to say nothing of how 'cool' the camera is.

I can't wait to develop this strip and see what it looks like.
    Sunny 16 works for me.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I showed the screen of a Minolta Autocord to someone who asked about the camera while on the street. A guy maybe 20, 25. He looked down and gasped- 'What a great LCD!!"
    Last edited by Dan Daniel; 04-07-2011 at 10:17 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Daniel View Post
    I showed the screen of a Minolta Autocord to someone who asked about the camera while on the sdtreet. A guy maybe 20, 25. He looked down and gasped- 'What a great LCD!!"
    "And I haven't needed to change any batteries in years!"
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    first time I showed my friend what my 4x5s GG looked like under the dark cloth, "It looks better than real life!" Sums it up nicely.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawrenceu View Post
    Today I loaded up the new-to-me YashicaMat with HP5. It arrived last week and I spent a bit of time cleaning the dust out of the corners and just getting to know it. The shutter timing seems to be right. The aperture seems to adjust well. In short I think everything is fine.

I went outside just to play around with it, nothing serious. When I popped up the hood and looked at the focussing screen I was stunned. I had forgotten how wonderful of a view that is. I played around taking some close portraits of my daughter and was in awe of the '3D' effect on the screen. She was captivated by it as well, to say nothing of how 'cool' the camera is.

I can't wait to develop this strip and see what it looks like.
    Welcome to good optics and the wonderful world of film. The digi-snappers do not know what they are missing, but one is about to learn. My daughter sent snaps of her and her new born son from her cell phone and complained that when Costco printed them, they did not look good. She asked me to improve them. I had to break it to her that there was not enough resolution for starters and even the better ones were too soft in focus. I told here when I am back there next week to set up a time to meet when the baby is awake and I WILL SHOOT FILM.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Steve,
    I can't tell you how much fun I am having. I really never got into the digi thing. Yeah, I have a P&S Nikon I got years ago for using on jobsites. We have used it for taking pictures at times. But, I never really liked it. I didn't realise how much I missed real photography. I'm going to have to find an enlarger now . . .
    Sunny 16 works for me.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Check Craigslist for enlargers, they pop up all time time if you're willing to drive a few hours. I just picked up a Coolscan 4000 with slide feeder for $400 and a Jobo CPP2+ for $300.

And thank you, I just bought a 124G off ebay this morning because of this thread. I'm tired of hauling out my RB67 or 645AF Mamiyas for every little thing. This will be a perfect camera to just leave in my car

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I was out shooting with a Baby Rollei and forgot how much fun a TLR can be. Even a small one.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My Rolleiflex is lotta fun to use also!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My babies.

The extreme right is an Ikontaflex
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin