Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,749   Posts: 1,483,776   Online: 773

Shooter
    Medium Format

Hasselblad Sonnar 180 CFE or CFi?

I only have the 200 series bodies (203FE/205FCC) and plan on portraits of my family, wanting to fill the negative completely of the head. I am using strobes in the basement and currently have a 110 FE Planar and 150 FE which I use for "static" portraits synching at around 1/30 or 1/60 but again, would like very close up shots.

I also use a 80 CFE and a 40 CFE IF for motion shots using the leaf shutter synching at 1/500.

For my current system, what would be the advantages of spending extra to get a 180 CFE as opposed to the CFi if my initial purpose was for portraits? I would lose the electronic communication between the lens and the camera and thus, the ability to default to the automatic mode for non-flash picture taking. Is that all that I would trade away? Is there any difference in the optical qualities of the CFE compared to the CFi?

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Optically they are the same. If you look at the mount of a cfi lens, you can see that it has a a spot where the contacts would go if it was a cfe

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin