Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,548   Posts: 1,544,544   Online: 999

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    The 250mm lens that I had for the C330 had to be cocked by hand, since advancing the film would not cock the lens.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    The 250mm lens that I had for the C330 had to be cocked by hand, since advancing the film would not cock the lens.

Steve
    The 250mm lens pair wasn't designed to cock automatically.
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    There are two separate problems with mounting earlier C lenses on C33 later auto cocking bodies. With the 180mm (18cm) it is the diameter of the lens mount not clearing the cocking arm. Later 180mm have a cut away portion and a cocking extension to accomplish that task. I have an otherwise nice 180 where someone has ground away part of the base of the lens to clear that arm but it still needs to be cocked manually. I tried to retrofit the newer lens mount from a damaged lens but it doesn't seem to fit. None of the very early Seikosha MX shutters (1 - 400s) will work on an auto cocking body because the the cocking stroke (if you will pardon the expression) is too short on the MX. I can say (and correct me if I am wrong) that all Mamiya TLR lenses will successfully mount on any non auto cocking bodies; that would be the C, C2, C3, C22, C220 and C220f.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good to know I am not crazy. But both of my 18cm lenses that did not fit did have an extension. Very weird.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The extensions on your 18cm lenses are probably on the shutter release side not the cocking side; all the 180s and the 250s have that; although I am sure many pre C33 18cm were retrofitted with the auto cocking mount.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin