Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,906   Online: 1100

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    xya

Shooter
    Medium Format
    perhaps I'm a miser, but (after licking and sticking) I put the rolls into the empty package of the next film. I open them cautiously at one end. no need to buy containers, boxes or so. after 40 years of practice one doesn't even think about it. works for 35mm as well.

kind regards

reinhard

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by brucemuir View Post
    Freestylephoto.biz actually sell a black plastic canister made by Maco for keeping your 120 film light tight.

I like them and buy a few every time I make an order there.
    I don't see this on their website. They do have them for 35mm, but not 120

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Or if you buy Adox film in 120, it comes with the canisters! No need to buy 'em separate.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    Or if you buy Adox film in 120, it comes with the canisters! No need to buy 'em separate.
    Yep, and the Adox canisters are preferable IMO. Simple design with a pop cap. Not some weird space-age looking bulky corkcrew thing.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    WOW. Since when did people START their photographic education shooting with hasselblads...?? It wasn't that long ago in my memory when you had to take a second mortgage on the house to get one... guess times have changed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    WOW. Since when did people START their photographic education shooting with hasselblads...?? It wasn't that long ago in my memory when you had to take a second mortgage on the house to get one... guess times have changed.
    If you learned on the job in a studio, loading Hasselblad magazines was about the first photographic task you had to learn. Right after, how to sweep the floors, clean the bathrooms, etc.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I used to do that... ha! mag loading and darkroom flunky - printing for clothing catalogs... i'm just saying 'what happened to starting with more lowly equipment and working up'...?? seems kind of a shame not to have any 'next level' camera to look forward to and be blown away by....

rc51owner
    Thanks everyone. I did notice the sticky tab thing but I wasn't sure it would hold the roll of exposed film tight enough or I didn't pull it back far enough (HP5 if that makes any difference).

I dare say I'll get use the regime (I find loading Leicas easy and don't know what the fuss is about). When I did finish exposing my first roll I was all rather sweaty palms about the whole thing which made me nervous.

Regards,

M

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    120 film is not as fragile as you think. I've opened the back and found out that I didn't wind far enough, saw backing paper still loose and thought, "OMG, I ruined it!" but I developed it and it turned out just fine. In fact, my scarf once caught the release slider on my RB67 and opened the back when I was on frame 9/10 and the first 5 frames were perfect, some fogging on 6 and 7 and 8 was pretty much toast. That little piece of sticky paper holds it just fine.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by darkprints View Post
    I don't see this on their website. They do have them for 35mm, but not 120

Here you go:
    http://www.freestylephoto.biz/820381...Film-Container
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin