Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,993   Posts: 1,524,257   Online: 993

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use a Moskva 5 and mine is very sharp, even pretty decent at f5.6, with good contrast. The RF is spot on, as are the shutter speeds it would seem.

Mine's not the most pristine example, and has had its double exposure prevention mechanism removed, but then it only cost $20. It is not the easiest thing in the world to handhold, but a bit of practice makes it easier. It is easier to handhold vertically.

Paul

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by P C Headland
    I use a Moskva 5 and mine is very sharp, even pretty decent at f5.6, with good contrast. The RF is spot on, as are the shutter speeds it would seem.

Mine's not the most pristine example, and has had its double exposure prevention mechanism removed, but then it only cost $20. It is not the easiest thing in the world to handhold, but a bit of practice makes it easier. It is easier to handhold vertically.

Paul
    I have owned two Moskva 5 6X9 folders and an older Moskva 4 6X9 folder. Both of the Moskva 5 holders were in almost mint condition, but the struts were very sloppy and the rangfiner was off so I never felt comfortable using either of them.The Moskva 4, on the other hand, looked like it had been through two wars, but it was very rigid and the rangefinder was spot on. I sold the two Moskva 5s and kept the 4, which I still use from time to time.

The Moskva 4 also has the Industar lens of the 5. If you use the camera on a tripod and focus accurately this lens is a very good performer.

Sandy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by P C Headland

Paul
    If I thought I could do it without messing the camera up, I would remove the double exposure mechanism from my Mockba. I find that I often press the shutter release when the shutter isn't cocked. This sets off the prevention mechanism, but doesn't fire the shutter. You can reach around and set off the shutter by pressing a lever by the lens, but it is a hassle.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a Mockba-4 also. Although it was pretty beat up on the outside, had been repainted, and the linkage was a bit sloppy, the lens was clean, aligned and the RF works well. The industar lens is very sharp and contrasty, and gives very nice negs, even handheld at fast shutter speeds. For about $40, a pretty good deal for a 6x9 rangefinder. The lens quality seems about on par with the color-skopar on my Bessa-1, which I consider a fine lens.

cheers

Tim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin