Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,836   Posts: 1,582,438   Online: 713

Shooter
    35mm

Which light meter do yo recommend for wedding?

I have never had a light meter before. This may be a embarrassingly basic question...Which light meter do yo recommend for wedding? I would like to get a good one which is not expensive (I know the good is not cheap most of the time)....I don't mind picking up a used one on ebay...
    Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would look at the Sekonic L-308. It is not too expensive, and it does ambient and flash reading. It is also small and easy to handle, and not overfeatured.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Depends if you want it to be averaged or exact. I've shot weddings with my Pentax 1 degree spotmeter, no problem, it depends on how you work.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    The one I'm trying to trade or sell -- Minolta Flash Meter V!
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My new Gossen Digiflash is wonderfully compact and therefore well suited for weddings.

A Sekonic L-308 looks good too.

Most of my wedding work was done with a Gossen Profisix (aka Gossen LunaPro SBC) with a flash meter attachment. A LunaPro F would probably have made more sense. Both of those options though are moderately large.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sekonic L-308. Cheap, small, easy to use, not expensive and not fiddly-fragile.

I've used mine now for 6 years and counting. Changed batteries in it maybe 4 times tops.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've got a digiflash and it's great to carry around but I think the Sekonic 308 is a more easily used meter.
    It's slightly larger and the buttons aren't stacked atop one another.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like the Gossen Digipro F
    Ben

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin