Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,155   Posts: 1,658,232   Online: 1010

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mamiya RZ II

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by KhunHans View Post
    John. What do you mean by:
    'I moved up to bigger ground glass focusing' Did you modify something on the RZ?
    Hans
    Sorry. I moved up in format from 6x7cm to 4x5 inches, then to what I shoot now, 8x10 and 7x17 inch negatives in two different cameras. The camera in my avatar shoots a 7x17 inch negative. The larger cameras let more light back to the viewing screen. I can see there well enough to focus the camera. I am 71 years old and wear trifocal glass. Unfortunately deteriorating eye sight can be part of the aging process.

I should add that aftermarket ground glass screens are available that will brighten the image one or more stops. I have one on my RZ and it does help. I have forgotten the brand names. Perhaps someone else can offer that information.

John
    Last edited by jp80874; 04-23-2011 at 10:52 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin