Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,589   Posts: 1,545,894   Online: 1222

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mamiya RZ II

Shooter
    35mm

Mamiya RZ II

Tomorrow somebody want to sell 2 Mamiya RZ II bodies to me. Can somebody let me know a price range.
    Thanks

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Compare what reputable online sources ask for RZs in similar condition, compare warranty and shipping hassle. This should give you a rough idea what you should pay.
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    www.Keh.com list used RZ bodies (and prices) alone, bodies with lenses (called outfits) and lenses alone.
    Their standards for grading condition are accepted all over the world. Good luck.

John Powers
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the advices. Seller is a good friend of mine. No shipping required. Just was surprised that he owns these cams and lenses.
    Herzliche Gruesse – Best regards
    Khun Hans
    See my latest pictures here:
    www.tinyurl.com/24y6vs
    www.pbase.com/khunhans/profile
    www.facebook.com/khunhans

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    By the way, welcome to Apug.

Remember that the RZ is a very good and reliable camera. The manual says that every 50,000 pictures you should have the camera serviced (whether it needs it or not). Many of the people who made their living using this camera have moved to digital technology. Because of supply and demand that means you can buy a very good camera for a fraction of what it used to cost. Because of improvements in the other technology the value of this camera is likely to continue declining.

I should add that I have an RZ II and several lenses. It is a joy to use, but now I prefer larger formats.

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It is a excellent camera, and like the previous post check out KEH to see what they sell for.

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks Jeff and John. My friend offer 2 Nikon F4 as well. But as I see the real size for negative scanning is MF. I tried to activate my old Canon FD cams but they are not in good shape
    Beside that who is really using the RZ as a landscape cam It's more a studio gear.
    Last edited by KhunHans; 04-21-2011 at 08:58 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    RZ is a great landscape cam, I use it for that regularly, along with a Mamiya 7. The RZ has some great lenses, really the best system of glass out there, I think for medium format.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by KhunHans View Post
    Beside that who is really using the RZ as a landscape cam It's more a studio gear.
    I did also until I began to have trouble with my eyes. I couldn't get enough light in the view finder to focus. Not the problem of the camera. Old man stuff. I moved up to bigger ground glass focusing. Now I am fine. Once in a while I use the RZ without the right angle finder, but now it is mostly LF and ULF for me.

John

Shooter
    35mm
    John. What do you mean by:
    'I moved up to bigger ground glass focusing' Did you modify something on the RZ?
    Hans

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin