Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,792   Online: 921

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Hasselblad 1000F Help Needed

I have a 1000F that was given to me and I would like to try and bring it back to life and try it out. Overall cosmetic condition is not mint by any means, but it functions. One thing wrong with it is the tiny hook in the view finder cover is broken off, so it does not latch closed. Right now I'm using a rubber band stretched from one strap lug, over the finder cover to the other strap lug. I know the view finder cover assembly is removable (replaceable??) IF I could find one. Anyone have any idea where I might find one? I know this is not the most desirable Hassy, but would like to fix it if I could. Thanks.
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK, seems it is even less desirable than I thought. I guess I will lay in a supply of rubber bands.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I am pretty sure that the viewfinder on the 1000F is compatible with later waist level finders from the 500C, CM and so on. They are on *insert big internet auction site here*, and the later model ones are generally really expensive so get an older model. Some come up in these classifieds from time to time also.

Just a caution. Always wind shutter before changing speeds and rotate dial clockwise only
    Mark
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the tip. I will be sure to observe this sequence. Not exactly a 'stealth' shutter on these, eh? "Thwonk"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwysiwyg View Post
    Thanks for the tip. I will be sure to observe this sequence. Not exactly a 'stealth' shutter on these, eh? "Thwonk"
    A Thwonk, but a good Thwonk!

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin